Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.abdomen n. 腹部
A: I feel pain in my abdomen. Ow! That's the place.
甲:我肚子疼。呀!就是这个地方。
B: Well, I'd like to run a few tests first.
乙:我最好还是先给你做几个检查。
2.ache v. 痛
A: What hurts?
甲:你哪儿痛?
B: I'm aching all over now.
乙:现在我浑身上下都痛。
3.be back on one's feet 康复
A: How are you feeling today?
甲:今天感觉如何?
B: Much better. I think I'll be back on my feet soon.
乙:好多了。我想我很快就会好起来的。
4.bowed n. 肠
5.movement n. 通便
A: Are your bowels acting properly?
甲:通便正常吗?
B: Not really. I've had four movements today.
乙:不怎么好。我今天大便已四次了。
6.check-up 检查
A: I get tired rather easily.
甲:我很容易疲劳。
B: In that case, you'd better have a general check-up.
乙:那样的话,你最好做一次全身检查。
7.chronic a. 慢性的
8.feel one's pulse 把脉
A: They say it's a chronic disease, is that so?
甲:他们说这是慢性病。真的吗?
B: Not necessarily. Let the feel your pulse.
乙:不一定。让我先给你把把脉。
9.complain v. 抱怨
A: What do you complain of?
甲:你哪儿不舒服?
B: I feel sick.
乙:我觉得恶心。
10.complaint n. 病患,抱怨
A: Say, what's your complaint?
甲:你哪儿不舒服?
B: My tooth hurts.
乙:我牙疼。
11.diarrhea n. 腹泻
A: When did your diarrhea start?
甲:什么时候开始腹泻的?
B: The day before yesterday.
乙:前天。
12.distention n. 胀
A: What's troubling you?
甲:你哪儿不舒服?
B: There is a sense of distention in. my left leg.
乙:我的左腿有胀的感觉。
13.feverish a. 发烧的
A: I feel feverish, and I have pain in my chest.
甲:我有点发烧,胸口痛。
B: You seem to have taught a chill.
乙:你好像是着凉了。
14.come down with 病倒
A: She didn' t show up this morning.
甲:我有点发烧,胸口痛。
B: She has come down with a bad cold.
乙:她患了重感冒,病倒了。
15.infection n. 传染
A: What's wrong with you?
甲:你怎么了?
B: I caught a cold last night while coming hack from the theater. It's a throat infection.
乙:我昨天晚上从剧院回家时着凉了。是咽喉感染。
16.injure v. 损伤
A: What's the matter?
甲:你怎么了?
B: I tripped and fell on my way home yesterday. It seems as if I've injured my ankle.
乙:昨天在回家的路上绊倒了。我好像扭伤了脚踝。
17.insomnia n. 失眠
A: I've been suffering from insomnia for several weeks.
甲:这几个周内我一直失眠。
B: Have you got too much stress recently?
乙:你近来是否压力过大?
18.lose weight 体重减轻
A: Have you been losing weight?
甲:体重减轻了吗?
B: Yes. I've lost my appetite and have hardly eaters anything recently.
乙:是的。最近我一直没胃口,很少吃东西。
19.nauseous a. 恶心的
A: You don't took good. What's wrong?
甲:你看起来气色不好,怎么了?
B: I'm a little bit tired, and I feel nauseous.
乙:我有点疲劳,还感觉恶心。
20.numb a. 麻木的
A: What's the matter with you?
甲:你怎么了?
B: My left arm is numb. I can't lift it.
乙:我的左臂麻了,举不起来了。
21.out of sorts 不舒服
A: What seems to be the trouble?
甲:什么事?
B: Well, I'm feeling rather out of sorts these days.
乙:这几天我一直觉得不舒服。
22.roaring n. 鸣叫
23.dizzy a. 眩晕的
A: I am dizzy and have a nearing in my ears .It's getting worse.
甲:我头晕,而且还伴有耳鸣。情况越来越糟糕。
B: Well, l suggest you have plenty of rest.
乙:我建议你多休息一下。
24.short of breath 气短
A: 1 often feel short of breath.
甲:我常觉得气短。
B: Please breathe deeply with your mouth open wide.
乙:请张大嘴,做深呼吸。
25.sore a. 疼痛的
A: I've got a very sore throat.
甲:我的嗓子很痛。
B: Open your mouth and say "Ah".
乙:张开嘴,说“啊”。
26.sneeze v. 打喷嚏
A: I've been coughing and sneezing a lot.
甲:我最近又咳嗽又打喷嚏,挺厉害的。
B: There's nothing to worry about. It's just a common cold.
乙:别担心,只是普通的感冒而已。
27.strain v. 扭伤,拉紧
A: What do you think I should do about it,doctor?
甲:你看我该怎么办,医生?
B: Mm. It seems as though you've strained yourself. I think you'd better take it easy for several days.
乙:嗯,你好像是扭伤了,我看你最好静休几天。
28.swell v. 肿胀
A: What's wrong with your foot?
甲:你的脚怎么啦?
B: My ankle's swollen.
乙:脚裸肿了。
29.symptom n. 症状,症候
A: How long have you had these symptoms?
甲:这些症状有多长时间了?
B: Two days, I think.
乙:两天吧。
30.thermometer n. 温度计
A: I feel baa today.
甲:今天我感觉很差劲。
B: Put the thermomeeter under your arm. Yes, the temperature is a little high.
乙:把体温计放在腋下。是的,你的体温偏高。
31.throw up 呕吐
A: I feel like throwing up.
甲:我老想吐。
B: How far along are you ire your pregnancy?
乙:你怀孕多长时间了?
32.unbearable a. 甲难以忍受的
A: I've got an unbearable pain in the stomach, doctor.
甲:医生,我的胃痛得要命。
B: When did it start?
乙:什么时候开始的?
33.uncomfortable a. 不舒服的
A: Anything wrong?
甲:有什么不适?
B: Yes. I began to feel uncomfortable yesterday, and I ate almost nothing.
乙:我昨天开始感觉不舒服,几乎没吃东西。
34.under the weather 不舒服
A: I'm afraid I'm a hit under the weather, and I'm coughing badly recently.
甲:恐怕我有点不舒服。最近我咳嗽得厉害。
B: Let me examine your heart and lungs.
乙:让我检查一下你的心肺。
35.unwell a. 不舒服的
A: When did the trouble start?
甲:你什么时候开始不舒服的?
B: Um... I began to feel unwell this morning when I got up.
乙:哦……是今天早晨我起床的时候。
36.vomit v. 呕吐
A: I feel like vomiting.
甲:我想吐。
B: How long has this been going on?
乙:这种状况持续多久了?
37.x-ray透视
A: It hurts. It's bothered me for quite some time.
甲:就是这儿痛,已经有好长时间了
B: You'd better go and have an x-ray.
乙:还是先去透视一下吧。