Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.appoint v. 约定
A: I'm sorry but I forgot our appointed time. Can you tell me?
甲:很抱歉,我忘了我们约定的时间了,你能告诉我吗?
B: Sure, it's 8 on Saturday evening.
乙:当然可以,是星期六晚上8点钟。
2.ask for leave 请假
A: Xiao Wang is the most diligent worker in our factory.
甲:小王是我们厂工作最勤奋的。
B: What's more, he never asks for leave.
乙:并且他从不请假。
3.early bird 早起的人
A: All through the years, I always get up no later than six o'clock every day.
甲:一年到头,我每天都不迟于6点起床。
B: You are really an early bird?
乙:你真是个能起早的人。
4.every two hours 每两小时
A: When does the next bus leave far Shanghai.
甲:下一斑去上海的巴士什么时候?
B: Buses leave for Shanghai for every two hours, the next bus will leave at 8.
乙:去上海的巴士每两小时一班,下一班八点。
5.fast ad. 快
A: What time is it now?
甲:现在几点了?
B: My watch says ten to nine, but mine is ten minutes fast.
乙:我的表8:50,但我的表快10分。
6.fortnight n. 两周
A: Have you been here before, Mary?
甲:玛丽,你以前来过这儿吗?
B: Yes, I came here a fortnight ago.
乙:来过,我两周前来过这里。
7.in one's thirties 三十多岁
A: Do you know how old that woman is?
甲:你知道那位妇女多大岁数吗?
B: That I don't know. Somewhere in her thirties. I think.
乙:具体我不知道,但我想能有三十多岁吧。
8.interval n. 间隔
A: Last week I met my nephew after an interval of five years, and I could hardly recognize him.
甲:上周我见到了阔别五年的侄子,我几乎认不出他了。
B: He must have grown up and changed a lot.
乙:他肯定长大了,变了不少。
9.keep good time 走得准
A: Does your watch keep good time?
甲:你的表走得准吗?
B: Yes, it never gains or loses.
乙:是的,不快不慢。
10.lose time (表)慢
A: What are you doing?
甲:你在做什么?
B: I'm repairing my watch, it loses five minutes a day.
乙:我在修表,我的表每天慢5分钟。
11.off ad. 停止
A: Gan that clock be right? 10:30?
甲:那只钟10:30了,对吗?
B: That clock is always off. It's 11:05.
乙:那钟经常停,现在11:05了。
12.on time 准时
A: Will you come on board at ten tomorrow?
甲:请你明天10点上船,行吗?
B: Yes, I will.I'll come on time.
乙:可以。我将按时到。
13.punctual a. 守时的
A: Are you sure your friend will show up an time?
甲:你肯定你的朋友会准时到吗?
B: Sure, my friend is a very punctual man.
乙:我敢肯定,我的朋友是一位非常守时的人。
14.recess n. 休息
A: How long do you have during your noon recess?
甲:你们午休多久?
B: An hour and a half.
乙:一个半小时。
15.roughly ad. 大概
A: What time does it arrive?
甲:车在什么时候到达?
B: It takes roughly two hours.
乙:大概要两小时。
16.sharp ad. 正好
A: Excuse me. What time is it now?
甲:请问现在几点?
B: It's four o'clock sharp.
乙:正好4点。
17.spare a. 空余的,业余的
A: Can you do me a favor?
甲:你能帮我一下吗?
B: Sorry, I have no spare time.
乙:对不起,我没空。
18.weekend n. 周末
A: What are you going to do at the weekend?
甲:周末你打算做什么?
B: I'm going to the cinema.
乙:我打算去看电影。
19.wind v. 给表上弦
A: My watch has stopped. I must have forgotten to wind it last night.
甲:我的表停了。昨晚我一定忘了上弦了。
B: I've just set my watch by the radio time signal.
乙:我刚刚按收音机对过表。