Come on, I’m jimmying it. 快点,我在用力摇呀
Oh, no! 惨了
Come on. 快呀
- Here’s the file, Mr. Ribbon. - Thank you. -这是您要的档案-谢谢你
- Thanks a lot. - Oh, yeah, thanks. Great idea. -多谢了-你的提案很好
No, no, no! 不会吧,快点啦
Rachel, get Ristuccia on the phone for me, please. 请帮我打给雷先生
- Hi. - Hi.
I’m Chris Gardner. I have an appointment with Mr. Ribbon. 我是克里斯,和罗先生有约
Oh, you just missed him. 你正好错过他
Thank you. 谢谢你
- What’s that? - Just filling out a check... -那是什么?-我在写支票
...paying some bills... 用来付帐单
...and a parking ticket. 我拿到停车罚单
We don’t have a car anymore. 我们已经没有车子了
Yep, I know. 我知道
I’m gonna need to take you with me this weekend. 这周末我要你陪我
A couple of doctors’ offices. 拜访几位医生
- On sales calls, okay? - Okay. -推销扫描机-好啦
Then, possibly, we’ll go to the football game. 然后也许可以去看美式足球赛
- Really? - Possibly. -真的吗?-也许吧
- All right? - All right. -好吗?-好
Come on, finish up. 快把饭吃完
- Are you sure? - Possibly. -你确定吗?-也许吧
Really? 真的吗?
- Are you bringing it to the game? - Yeah, I don’t wanna leave it. -你要带机器去看球赛?-我不想留下来
And maybe we’re going to the game. 也许我们会去看球赛
- Where are we going now? - To see someone about my job. -我们现在要去哪里?-见一位客户
I don’t understand. 我不懂
- You don’t understand what? - Are we going to the game? -你不懂什么?-我们不是要去看球赛吗?
I said possibly we’re going to the game. 我说也许会去
- You know what "possibly" means? - Like probably. -你知道“也许” 的意思吗?-是“很可能” 吗?
No, "probably" means there’s a good chance that we’re going. 不是“很可能”代表很有机会能去
"Possibly" means we might, we might not. “也许”代表不一定能去
- What does "probably" mean? - It means we have a good chance. -“很可能” 的意思是什么?-我们很有机会能去
And what does "possibly" mean? “也许”代表什么?
- I know what it means. - What does it mean? -我知道它的意思-什么意思?
It means that we’re not going to the game. 就是我们不会去看球赛
- How did you get so smart? - Because you’re smart. -你怎么会这么聪明?-因为你很聪明
- Are we there? - Yeah. -到了吗?-到了
- Mr. Ribbon. - Yes? -罗先生-是的
How are you, sir? Chris Gardner. Dean Witter. 你好,我是克里斯 添惠证券公司
- Oh, hi. Hi. - This is my son, Christopher. -你好-这是我儿子小克
- Hi. - Hey, Christopher.