基础商务英语 Unit17:Comparing products and prices
教程:基础商务英语  浏览:1610  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释


     
    KATE MCKENNA: The Boss isn' t doing as well as we had hoped.

    凯特.麦凯纳:“大老板”销售没有我们预计的好。

    We didn' t launch at the right time.

    我们推出产品的时间不太合适。

    I myself don' t think the market was ready for us.

    我本人认为市场还不成熟。

    Dealer Dan came later and cheaper...Maybe we should move downmarket in a couple of key territories.

    “商人丹”推出的时间迟,价格又便宜…… 或许我们该在几个主要地区把市场放在低收入消费者身上。

    EDWARD GREEN: Excuse me, can I interrupt?

    爱德华.格林:打扰一下,我能插一句吗?

    DON BRADLEY: Sure.

    堂.布拉德利:当然。

    EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.

    爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。

    EDWARD GREEN: I' ve just had a call from Danny Mcneil at Eromart.

    爱德华.格林:我刚刚接到丹尼.麦克内尔的电话。

    KATE MCKENNA: Oh really?

    凯特.麦凯纳:哦,真的吗?

    EDWARD GREEN: He wants a meeting to discuss discounts.

    爱德华.格林:他想开个会讨论一下优惠的问题。

    Although he' s talking about a substantial order, he wants better terms than I can authorise.

    尽管他说的订货数量很大,但他要的条件已经超出了给我的授权。

    Would you prefer to deal with him yourself?

    你要不要亲自处理?

    DON BRADLEY: How larger a discount does he want?

    堂.布拉德利:他要多大的优惠?

    EDWARD GREEN: He didn' t say.

    爱德华.格林:他不肯说。

    But I think it' s higher than anything we' ve ever given before.

    但我想比我们之前所有的优惠都高。

    He loved the product, though.

    不过,他到是喜欢这件产品。

    I think he' s ready to negotiate.

    我认为他是可以沟通的。

    ON BRADLEY: I think it' s time that we worked on this together.

    堂.布拉德利:我认为到了我们齐心协力做这件事情的时候了。

    Do you agree?

    你同意吗?

    EDWARD GREEN: Yes!

    爱德华.格林:同意!

    KATE MCKENNA: Edward, are you coming down to the workshop?

    凯特.麦凯纳:爱德华,你要来研发室吗?

    Derek wants to show us his latest idea.

    德里克想给我们看一下他最新的想法。

    EDWARD GREEN: Okay. I' ll join you later.

    爱德华.格林:好的。我过会来。

    DON BRADLEY: No, I think Derek wants to talk to the whole team.

    堂.布拉德利:不,我认为德里克想告诉整个团队。

    Come on!

    来吧!

    KATE MCKENNA: Well, it' s a terrific idea, but how much will it cost to develop?

    凯特.麦凯纳:嗯,是个好注意,但生产出来要多少成本?

    DEREK JONES: Not as much as you think.

    德里克.琼斯:不会比你想的多。

    KATE MCKENNA: It will be too expensive.

    凯特.麦凯纳:会太贵的。

    DEREK JONES: No, not really.

    德里克.琼斯:不,不会。

    I have prepared a long, detailed, careful analysis of the development costs.

    我已经准备了一份详尽严谨的生产成本分析。

    See for yourself.

    你们自己看吧。

    KATE MCKENNA: It will never sell.

    凯特.麦凯纳:销路不会好。

    Who' s the market for this?

    谁是目标市场?

    DEREK JONES: It is more upmarket than Big Boss but it will still appeal to kids as well as executives and office workers.

    德里克.琼斯:这比“大老板”还要接近高消费市场,但也会吸引儿童以及经理人和办公室工作人员。

    KATE MCKENNA: But that' s the problem Derek.

    凯特.麦凯纳:不过,德里克,这就是问题所在啊。

    There' s no market focus.

    没有市场焦点。

    Do you remember the Easirite two years ago?

    你还记得两年前的Easirite 吗?

    We had a beautiful well-designed but expensive product.

    我们这款产品外表美观、设计精美但价格太高。

    It was great.

    产品很不错。

    Parents and children could both use it.

    家长和孩子们都用。

    But could we sell it?

    但我们有卖动吗?

    No, it failed because we hadn' t defined our market.

    没有,我们没有成功就是因为没有划定市场。

    DEREK JONES: But this is different.

    德里克.琼斯:但这款不同。

    This is more fun than Easirite.

    这个比Easirite还有趣。

    DON BRADLEY: The costings look okay, but it has too many moving parts.

    堂.布拉德利:生产费还好,不过活动的部件太多。

    DEREK JONES: So does a car, but that seems to sell.

    德里克.琼斯:汽车也是这样啊,还不是照卖不误。

    KATE MCKENNA: That' s not the point.

    凯特.麦凯纳:问题不在这里。

    The more moving parts you have the more likely something will go wrong

    活动的部件越多,出错的可能性就越大。

    DEREK JONES: I don' t agree.

    德里克.琼斯:我不同意。

    DON BRADLEY: Let' s just hold on a second and think about this.

    堂.布拉德利:我们先等等,仔细考虑一下。

    Derek, you like the concept and think it will sell; Kate, you can' t see a market for it.

    德里克,你喜欢这个概念,并且认为会有市场;凯特,你认为不会有市场。

    KATE MCKENNA: I can' t see where it fits in our product range.

    凯特.麦凯纳:我看不出这件产品该归入那个系列。

    DON BRADLEY: I' m inclined to agree with Kate.

    堂.布拉德利:我倾向凯特的意见。

    This is much more expensive than anything else we market.

    这件产品比我们销售的任何产品都贵。

    KATE MCKENNA: Although it' s a wonderful idea, we just won' t be able to sell it.

    凯特.麦凯纳:虽然想法很棒,我们却卖不动。

    You must see that yourself, Derek.

    德里克,你本人也一定是这样看的吧。

    DEREK JONES: Well not really...

    德里克.琼斯:也不是……

    DON BRADLEY: Edward, what do you think?

    堂.布拉德利:爱德华, 你认为怎么样?

    EDWARD GREEN: Can I just check something here Derek?

    爱德华.格林:德里克,我能不能先确认一下?

    Are you saying that there is a plastic thin enough and flexible enough to make this realistic?

    你是不是在说有这样一种够细又够柔韧的塑料来使这一切成为现实?

    DEREK JONES: Exactly.

    德里克.琼斯:一点不错。

    EDWARD GREEN: That' s brilliant.

    爱德华.格林:太好了。

    On paper, I think it' s the most remarkable thing I' ve seen.

    从理论上来说,我认为那是我见过的最非凡的东西。

    DON BRADLEY: Well, maybe Edward has something.

    堂.布拉德利:或许爱德华有这方面的资料。

    Maybe we ought to have a closer look.

    或许我们该看的得更细些。

    DANNY MCNEIL: I don' t know what' s happened to your boss.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:不知道你老板有什么事。

    He knows I never start my meetings late.

    他知道我从不晚开会的。

    Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around? 你

    要在这儿等堂还是四处走走?

    Do you want to wait here for Don or would you rather look around?

    爱德华.格林:如果你没什么问题,我想四处走走。

    DANNY MCNEIL: Good choice.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:选的不错。

    DANNY McNEIL: Of course, I have two or three meetings a day with sales people like you.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:当然,我每天和跟你一样的销售人员开2、3次会。

    EDWARD GREEN It' s very good of you to see me.

    爱德华.格林: 你能来看我真是太好了。

    DANNY MCNEIL: I always talk to my suppliers myself--it' s the best way of working.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:我一直跟我的供应商讲--这是最佳的工作方式。

    And I always prefer to bring them down here--they get a better idea of our operation.

    并且我总是把他们带到这里--他们会有更好的运营想法。

    They must understand how we work.

    他们必须明白我们是怎样工作的。

    Our success is based upon a certain formula.

    我们的成功是有一定的规则的。

    Whereas most supermarkets target individual territories, our products are pan-European.

    尽管大多数超市把目标市场定在单个的区域,我们的产品是面向全欧洲的。

    We always buy in the products with the best sales performance--products with a proven track record.

    我们总是购买销售最佳的产品--那些被证明有记录的产品。

    We look for the biggest discounts, and we usually get them.

    我们寻求最大的优惠,通常我们也会得到最大的优惠。

    DANNY MCNEIL: Mcneil.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:麦克内尔。

    DON BRADLEY: Danny, it' s Don Bradley here.

    堂.布拉德利:丹尼,我是堂.布拉德利 。

    DANNY MCNEIL: Good Morning, Don.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:早上好, 堂。

    I thought I was meeting you here.

    我原以为会在这里跟你见面的。

    DON BRADLEY: I' m sorry Danny.

    堂.布拉德利:对不起,丹尼。

    That was the plan, but I' m going to be late.

    本来计划是这样的,但我会迟点。

    This meeting is taking longer than expected.

    这次会议比预期的要长。

    DANNY MCNEIL: Oh. When can you get here?

    丹尼.麦克内尔:哦。你什么时候可以到这里?

    DON BRADLEY: I' ll be there as soon as I can.

    堂.布拉德利:我会尽快赶到那里。

    Is Edward with you?

    爱德华跟你一起吗?

    DANNY MCNEIL: He is.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:他在。

    DON BRADLEY: Could you start the meeting without me?

    堂.布拉德利:你可以不要管我,开始开会吗?

    Edward knows the situation.

    爱德华知道情况。 O

    h, and can I have a quick word with him?

    哦,我能跟他很快地说两句吗?

    DANNY MCNEIL: I' ll pass the phone to him.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:我会把电话给他。

    DANNY McNEIL: Okay. It' s for you--it抯 Don Bradley, he got a problem.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:好的。找你的--是堂.布拉德利,他出点问题。

    EDWARD GREEN: Oh, thanks.

    爱德华.格林:哦,谢谢。

    DANNY MCNEIL: Would you like a word in private?

    丹尼.麦克内尔:你们要私下谈吗?

    EDWARD GREEN: If you don' t mind.

    爱德华.格林:如果你不介意。

    DON BRADLEY: Sorry Edward.

    堂.布拉德利:抱歉,爱德华。

    I' m stuck in a meeting here.

    我还在这边开会。

    You' ll have to deal with Mcneil by yourself.

    你得自己对付麦克内尔了。

    EDWARD GREEN: Oh.

    爱德华.格林:哦。

    DON BRADLEY: Can you talk?

    堂.布拉德利:你说话方便吗?

    EDWARD GREEN: Yes, he' s stepped away for a few minutes.

    爱德华.格林:是的,他离开了几分钟。

    Do you really want me to negotiate?

    你真的想让我谈判?

    Wouldn' t you rather postpone the meeting?

    你不能推迟会议吗?

    DON BRADLEY: How do you feel about it?

    堂.布拉德利:你认为呢?

    EDWARD GREEN: I' m happy to go ahead, I think.

    爱德华.格林:我认为,我会很高兴可以继续下去。

    DON BRADLEY: You don' t sound sure.

    堂.布拉德利:你语气不是很肯定啊。

    EDWARD GREEN: I' m not.

    爱德华.格林:是不肯定。

    DON BRADLEY: Look: we' ve talked about this negotiation.

    堂.布拉德利:听我说:我们谈过这次谈判。

    You know the game plan. 你也知我们的计划。

    Do your best...I' ll be there as soon as I can. 尽力去做……我会尽快赶过去。

    EDWARD GREEN: Okay Don. 爱德华.格林:好的,堂。

    I' ll do what I can. See you later. 我会尽力的。稍后见。

    DANNY MCNEIL: Okay? 丹尼.麦克内尔:好了?

    EDWARD GREEN: Yes, thanks. 爱德华.格林:是的,谢谢。

    DANNY MCNEIL: So Don can' t make it. 丹尼.麦克内尔:这么说堂赶不及了。 Oh well, right, what was I saying? 哦,好吧,我刚刚说到哪儿了?

    Oh yes: discounts. 哦,对了:优惠。

    EDWARD GREEN: We' re certainly happy to talk about possible discounts. 爱德华.格林:能谈一下可能的优惠,我们是十分开心的。

    DANNY MCNEIL: You see this? 丹尼.麦克内尔:你看到了吗?

    EDWARD GREEN: Yes. 爱德华.格林:是的。

    DANNY MCNEIL: How many of these do you think we' ve sold in Europe in the last month? 丹尼.麦克内尔:你认为我们上个月在欧洲售出了多少?

    EDWARD GREEN: 1,800 - 2,000. 爱德华.格林:1,800 - 2,000件。

    DANNY McNEIL: We sell more than that weekly. 丹尼.麦克内尔:我们每周的销售量都比这多。

    EDWARD GREEN: How much do you sell it for? 爱德华.格林:你们的定价是多少呢?

    DANNY MCNEIL: This retails in France for 130 FF--we sell it much cheaper--90FF.

    丹尼.麦克内尔:这个在法国的零售价是130法郎--我们卖的很便宜--90法郎。 EDWARD GREEN: That' s very impressive. 爱德华.格林:很不错嘛。

    DANNY MCNEIL: I work on higher volumes and I have to move products faster than any other retailer. 丹尼.麦克内尔:我们做的是更大的量,我必须比其他的零售商工作要快。

    That means I operate on smaller margins. 这就意味着我的利润率很低。

    And, I repeat, I expect the largest discounts in the industry. 我再次重复,我想要这行里最大的优惠。

    A But over here--here' s a product that failed. 但,这儿--这个产品我们没有成功。

    We made a mistake with this one--of course, I didn' t select this one myself. 我们在这个产品上犯了错--当然,这个不是我本人选的产品。

    Right you' ve seen how our operation works. 好了,你也了解了我们的运作情况。

    You know what I' m after. 你也知道我想要的是什么。

    Let' s get down to business. 我们就公事公办吧。

    Would you prefer to talk here or in my office? 你愿意在这儿还是到我的办公室谈?

    EDWARD GREEN: The office is fine. 爱德华.格林:到办公室吧。

    0/0
      上一篇:基础商务英语 Unit16:Complaining about products and services 下一篇:基础商务英语 Unit18:价格谈判 Negotiating prices

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)