英语口语练习小对话 第67期:催促迫使
教程:英语口语练习小对话  浏览:1144  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    迷你对话:

    A:Hurry up! Time is money!

    快点!时间就是金钱。

    B:Don't build a fire under me. I know the importance of time.

    别催我,我知道时间的重要性。

    A:But you are too slow to follow them.

    但是你太慢了,跟不上他们。

    B:Don't you see I'm trying my best?

    你没看见我正在尽力吗?

    地道表达:

    build a fire under sb

    小编讲解:

    buil是动词,有“构成,形成,使成为”的意思,build fire就是“生火”的意思,build a fire under sb字面意思是“在某人的脚下点把火”,引申为“催促某人行动起来”。

    支持范例:

    Eg.The landlord built a fire under the poor pesants for the debt.

    地主催促可怜的农民还债。

    Eg.Don't build a fire under us for an answer to your request.

    不要催促我答复你们的请求。

    Eg.They are building a fire under them to take an action.

    他们催促他采取行动。

    Eg.The boss built a fire under his emplyee to make an explaination to it.

    老板催促他的雇员对这件事做出解释。

    词海拾贝:

    1.hurry up:赶快,快点

    Eg.Hurry up, or we'll be too late to get anything to eat.

    快走吧, 再晚了就吃不上饭了。

    Eg.Hurry up or we will miss the train.

    快点儿,不然我们就赶不上火车了。

    Eg.Let' s hurry up so that we may finish the work in time.

    咱们快一点,好及时完成任务。

    Eg.We'll have to hurry up if we want to finish it today.

    想今天完活,我们就得抓紧点儿了。

    2.too... to...:太......而不能......

    Eg.He is too youg to bear the misery.

    他年纪太小了不能承受这样的痛苦。

    Eg.Mary is too stupid to get through the final exam.

    Mary智力太差了,不能通过期末考试。

    Eg.The manage is too busy to have a talk to you about your salary.

    经理太忙了,没法和你谈你的薪水问题。

    3.try one's best:尽力,努力

    Eg.I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do.

    我已经尽力了,但是教练仍然百般对我做的每一件事挑剔。

    Eg.I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel.

    我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。

    Eg.We have been trying our best to come up with a solution.

    我一直在竭力相处一个解决办法。

    0/0
      上一篇:英语口语练习小对话 第66期:决裂分手 下一篇:英语口语练习小对话 第68期:基础不牢固

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)