我大笑起来:“我猜想也是。我估计我只比你多睡了一点点。”
"I'd wager you did."
“我敢打赌你确实如此。”
"So what did you do last night?" I asked.
“那么,你昨晚做了什么?”我问道。
He chuckled. "Not a chance. It's my day to ask questions."
他轻笑起来:“你没机会了。今天可是我提问的日子。”
"Oh, that's right. What do you want to know?" My forehead creased. I couldn't imagineanything about me that could be in any way interesting to him.
“哦,没错。你想知道什么?”我的额头皱了起来。我想象不出自己有什么能引起他的兴趣。
"What's your favorite color?" he asked, his face grave.
“你最喜欢的颜色是?”他问道,表情很认真。
I rolled my eyes. "It changes from day to day."
我转了转眼睛:“每天都不一样。”
"What's your favorite color today?" He was still solemn.
“你今天最喜欢的颜色是?”他依然郑重其事地问道。
"Probably brown." I tended to dress according to my mood.
“大概是棕色。”我向来根据自己的心情来穿衣服。
He snorted, dropping his serious expression. "Brown?" he asked skeptically.
他哼了一声,终于丢下了一本正经的表情。“棕色?”他怀疑地问道。
"Sure. Brown is warm. I miss brown. Everything that's supposed to be brown — tree trunks,rocks, dirt — is all covered up with squashy green stuff here," I complained.
“没错。棕色很温暖。我想念棕色。所有应该是棕色的东西——树干,岩石,泥土——在这里都被软塌塌的绿色覆盖住了。”我抱怨道。
He seemed fascinated by my little rant. He considered for a moment, staring into my eyes.
他似乎对我激昂的演说很是着迷。他想了一会儿,然后看进了我的眼睛里。
"You're right," he decided, serious again. "Brown is warm." He reached over, swiftly, butsomehow still hesitantly, to sweep my hair back behind my shoulder.
“你是对的。”他决断道,又严肃了起来。“棕色很温暖。”他敏捷地伸出手,但不知怎的,还是迟疑着,把我的头发拂回我的肩后。
We were at the school by now. He turned back to me as he pulled into a parking space.
就在这时,我们到学校了。当他把车开进一个停车位的时候,他回过头来看着我。