CNN News:美国所谓癌症机构滥用捐献者血汗钱
教程:2013年06月CNN新闻听力  浏览:1016  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    I'm Anderson Cooper.

    我是安德森·库珀。

    Welcome to proadcast.

    欢迎收看博客节目。

    Cancer Charities has spent most of your donations on themselves.

    癌症慈善机构本身花费你的大部分捐款。

    They respond to expert Zain, also ridiculous.

    而他们对于专家塞恩问题的回答也相当荒谬。

    Let's get started.

    我们马上开始今天的节目。

    Last week, after profiling three so called cancer charities that seemed only to care about their profits,

    上周,在剖析了三间似乎只关心自己利润的所谓的癌症慈善机构后,

    I challenged the people who run them to come onto the program or talk to our correspondentDrew Griffin.

    我挑战了那些机构的运营者们,以进入他们的机制或者跟我们的记者德鲁·格里芬谈谈。

    Let them explain, I said,

    让他们解释,我说道,

    facts uncovered by Drew, the Chamber Debate Times and the Center from Investigator reporting,

    事实已经由德鲁揭露,辩论时间及调查中心报告报告指出,

    facts that show these so called charities to be abusing and squandering your hardendonations like none we've ever seen before.

    事实表明,这些所谓的慈善机构不像我们之前看过的那样,他们滥用并浪费你的心血捐款。

    Drive down these country roads outside Knoxville,Tennessee and enter into this small industrial park,

    沿着诺克斯维尔,田纳西州外的这些国道行驶,会进入这一小型工业园区,

    and you'll find a headquarters of a family of Cancer Charities that returns lavish salaries to their owners.

    你会发现一个家族癌症慈善团体的总部,而他们的主人回报丰厚。

    But according to their own tax records, donate very little to dying cancer patients.

    但根据他们自己的纳税记录,捐献给即将死亡癌症患者的却微乎其微。

    And the last thing the people running this charity want to do is answer questions.

    而最后执掌这一慈善机构的人要做的是回答问题。

    “Don't, don't turn the camera on me, ok?”

    “别,别把摄像机对着我,好吗?”

    Across the country, in Mesa Arizona, another outpost of the, it's called the Breast Cancer Society,

    穿过这个县,在亚利桑那州的梅萨,另一个地点的机构被称为乳腺癌协会,

    its CEO and Executive Director, the man escaping in the truck, James Reynolds Junior.

    其首席执行官兼执行董事,就是开着卡车逃跑的人名叫小詹姆斯·雷诺兹。

    “Excuse me, sir, Mr. Reynolds?”

    “打扰下好吗,先生,雷诺兹先生?”

    That… another Cancer Charity, the Children's Cancer fund of America.

    而另一间癌症慈善机构, 美国儿童癌症基金会。

    And this one, run by yet another member of the family, Rose Perkins.

    还有这一家,由另一位家族成员,罗斯·帕金斯执掌。

    “Hi, is Rose Perkins in?”

    “嗨,请问是罗斯·帕金斯吗?”

    “She's unavailable and she's not doing anything with these.”

    “她没空而且她什么都没做过。”

    Rose Perkins did email us and tell us her charity has a clear conscious “because we feel we are making a good difference in people's lives.”

    罗斯·帕金斯确实给我们发过电子邮件而且告诉我们她的慈善机构有一个清晰的目标:“因为我们觉得我们是在正确改善人们的生活”。

    But also told us in interview as “not something we can consider.”

    但在采访中也告诉我们“不是我们可以考虑的事情”。

    That maybe because of questions we'd like to ask her and the other members of the extendedfamily, who are essentially making a living on your donations.

    这可能是因为我们想对这些基本上是依靠你的捐款谋生的她及其他家族成员的各种问题所致。


    0/0
      上一篇:CNN News:美科罗拉多州森林突发罕见火灾 下一篇:CNN News:美国国税局对著名政府告密者展开调查

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)