我的天!
Man: That's impossible. I'll take it up there now.
怎么可能。我这就送去。
Woman: Don't be stupid. None of them will be up for hours.
别急,他们还未起床。
What difference will it make? Jimmy will do it when he comes in.
早晚看到都一样,等Jimmy来了让他去。
[April 1912 Six o'clock! Daisy knocks on the housemaids' bedroom door.]
[Gwen sits up in bed.]
Gwen: Thank you, Daisy... Anna?
Daisy, 谢谢!Anna 起床了。
[Anna stirs in her bed.]
Anna: Huh... Just for once in my life, I'd like to sleep until I woke up natural.
哪怕此生仅一次,让我睡到自然醒就好。
[Kitchens - Morning]
Patmore:Is your fire still in?
炉火生了吗?
Daisy: Yes, Mrs Patmore.
生了, Patmore夫人。
Patmore:Ooh, my, will wonders never cease?
真是没想到,今天开窍了?
Have you laid the servants' hall breakfast?
仆人们的早餐准备好了吗?
Daisy: Yes, Mrs Patmore.
准备好了,Patmore夫人。
Patmore:And finished blacking that stove?
炉里添上煤了吗?
Daisy: Yes, Mrs Patmore.
添上了 Patmore夫人。
Patmore:What about the bedroom fires?
卧室的壁炉呢?
Daisy: All lit, Mrs Patmore.
都点上了, Patmore夫人。
Patmore:Right, well, take the things and get started on the fires on the ground floor!
那就好,赶紧拿上东西去把楼下的炉子也点上。
[Daisy carries a bucket of firewood through the servants' hall and up through the main roomsinto the library.]
Housemaid 1: Now hurry up.
赶紧来生火。
[Daisy hurries through the library. A footman, Thomas, enters with a silver tray with two drinks.He collects two more in another room.]
Thomas: Any sign of William?
看见William了吗?
Housemaid 2: No.
没有。
Thomas: Where have you been?
你上哪去了?
William: I'm not late, am I?
我没迟到吧?
Thomas: You're late when I say you're late.
这得我说了算。
[Anna and Gwen open the windows and fluff the pillows.]
Anna: Daisy? Whatever are you doing there, crouching in the dark?
Daisy?你窝在那黑乎乎的地方做什么?
Daisy: I didn't like to touch the curtains with my dirty hands.
我怕自己这手弄脏窗帘。
Daisy: Quite right too.
也是。
Gwen: Why didn't you put the lights on?
怎么不开灯?
Daisy: I dare not.
我不敢。
Gwen: Well it's electricity, not the devil's handiwork.
那是电,又不是鬼。
Anna:You'll have to get used to it sooner or later.
早晚都得习惯。
Gwen: At Skelton Park, they've even got it in the kitchens.
凯尔顿庄园的厨房都通电了。
Daisy: What for?
厨房要电做什么用?
1 情景:我们要去把某样东西送给别人,就这么简单地说:
Sb. takes something to sb.( or somewhere ).
源于台词:I'll take it up there now.
2 情景:我们看不到某人,也找不到某人的一点迹象,可以这么说:
There is no sign of sb.
源于台词:Any sign of William?
3 情景:每天你都很忙,睡觉都睡不安然,入睡很快,可是起不来,总是要别人叫你醒来,你希望能够睡个饱觉,自然醒来,你可以这么说:
I want to wake up natural.
源于台词:I'd like to sleep until I woke up natural.
4 情景:你觉得你的命运很糟,生活极度困难,总是没有时间去旅游,为了强调这种情况,你可以用上这个短句:
I hope something just once in my life.
源于台词:Just for once in my life, I'd like to sleep until I woke up natural.
5 情景:别人要去做某事会打搅到睡觉的人,可是距离那个人起床还有几个小时,你可以这么劝诫:
Sb. will be up for hours.
源于台词:None of them will be up for hours.
6 情景:表示某人已经把火生好了,就这么简单的说:
One’s fire is in.
源于台词:Is your fire still in?
7 情景:我们已经把晚餐的饭菜在桌上摆好了,可以这么说:
Sb. lays the guest’s dinner.
源于台词:Have you laid the servants' hall breakfast?
8 情景:有的父母总是有权利,自觉小孩子的一切要听他们的,对与错他们说了算,可以这么简单地说:
You are right ( or wrong ) when I say right ( or wrong )
源于台词:You're late when I say you're late.
9 情景:你的小孩已经醒来,可是还是在床上动来动去,想睡懒觉,拖拖摸摸地,这种情形这样形容:
Sb. Is stirring in his bed.
源于台词:Anna stirs in her bed.