公众人物毕业演讲第30期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(11)
教程:公众人物毕业演讲  浏览:594  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Many of these women had been abandoned by theirhusbands.

    她们很多人都被丈夫抛弃了

    That's why they even went into prostitution.

    不得已靠卖身为生

    They wanted to be able to feed their children.

    她们必须想办法养活自己的孩子

    They were so low in the eyes of society

    她们在社会的眼中如此卑贱 以致于

    that they could be raped and robbed and beaten by anyone, even the police,

    任何人 甚至警察都可以随意强奸 抢劫和殴打她们

    and nobody cared.

    但却没人关心

    Talking to them about their lives was so moving to me,

    同她们的对话让我动容

    but what I remember most was how much they wanted to be touched.

    我印象最深刻的是 她们很希望同人接触

    They wanted to touch me and to be touched by them.

    她们希望接触我 也希望我接触她们

    It was if physical contact

    似乎只有通过这种身体接触

    somehow proved their worth.

    她们才能体会到自己的存在价值

    And so before I left,

    于是我在离开之前

    we linked arms hand in hand and did a photo together.

    同她们手拉着手照了合影

    Later that same day,

    还是那一天

    I spent some time in India in a home for the dying.

    我后来又去了一所垂死之家

    I walked into a large hall and I saw rows and rows of cots

    我走过大厅 看到一排排病床

    and every cot was attended to except for one, that was far off in the corner.

    每张病床都有人照料 除了角落里的那张略显孤独

    And so I decided to go over there.

    于是我决定过去看看

    The patient who was in this room was a woman in her 30s.

    床上是一位三十多岁的女性

    And I remember her eyes.

    我深深记得她的眼睛

    She had these huge, brown, sorrowful eyes.

    她有一对充满悲伤的棕色大眼睛

    0/0
      上一篇:公众人物毕业演讲第29期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(10) 下一篇:公众人物毕业演讲第31期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(12)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)