老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(89):职场母亲
教程:老外常聊的100个口语话题  浏览:1340  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Working Mother 职场母亲

    dialogue 1

    Jesska: We all admire your career success. You must be proud of yourself for achieving so much at work.

    我们都很敬佩你。工作上取得这么多成就,你一定为自己感到很骄傲吧.

    Abble:Yes I'm also proud of being the mother of two girls.

    是的,我还为自己身为两个女孩的母亲而感到骄傲。

    J: I didn't know you are a mother of two. How do you strikc a balance between work and family?

    我不知道你有两个女儿.你是怎样平衡工作和家庭的?

    老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(89):职场母亲

    A: Well, my husband shares a lot of the houswork and childcare responsibilities so I can focus more on my career

    我的丈夫帮我分担了很多家务,帮我照顾孩子,这样我就可以有更多精力放在工作

    J: That's good. Do you find enough timc to be with the kids?

    挺好的。你有足够的时间陪孩子吗?

    A: Not really, sometimes my kids complain about my being around so little. So no matter how

    busy I am everyday I will set aside some time to be with them.

    没有,有时候我的孩子也会抱怨我陪她们的时间太少了.斫以不管我每天有多忙,我都会抽出时间来和她们待一会.

    J: Do they understand your situation?

    那她们理解你的难处吗?

    A: Yes. they all show much understanding of my work. lf I happcn to be too busy to hclp them with their homcwork one day or anothcr, they'II ask my husband instead.

    理解,她们都对我的工作表示理解.如果哪天我很忙没空帮她们辅导作业,她们会找我丈夫帮忙.

    J: Ob, it's incredible that you can still help the kids witb their studics after a whole day's stressful work

    劳累了一天,你竟然还能帮孩子们做作业,太不可思议了。

    A: Yeah. I' m tirtd after work_ But when I see the kids' shining smile, all the prcssure and trouble at work goes away'

    是啊,下班之后我挺累的,但是一看到孩子们灿烂的笑容,工作上的压力和烦恼就都不见了.

    dialogue 2

    J: hey, how's your one year old?

    你那一岁的孩子怎么样了?

    A: she's great, thanks!

    挺好的,谢谢.

    J: that's good. Since everything is fine, have you considered going out to work?

    好,既然一切都挺顺利,你想没想过出来工作?

    A: yeah, I've spent a whole month hunting a job, but many companies just turn me down.

    想过啊,我找了一个月的工作了,但是很多公司都拒绝我了.

    J: maybe they're worrying that a new mother may not concentrate totally on her work.

    也许他们是担心你刚当了妈妈,不能全身心投入到工作中.

    A: yeah, I think so. To tell you the truth, I'm also worrying about this.

    没错,说实话,我自己也挺担心这一点的.

    J: yeah, being a working mother is more challenging than being a stay-at-home mom. There's a lot more to deal with at the workplace.

    是啊,做一个职场母亲可比专心在家带孩子难多了,工作中有更多的事情需要处理.

    A: sometimes when I imagine leaving my baby with the nanny, I'm not feeling comfortable.

    有时候我一想到要把孩子留给保姆,就觉得不舒服.

    J: then if it really happens, you may find yourself upset and stressful at work.

    那如果你真的出去工作的话,上班的时候你可能会觉得很不安,很有压力.

    A: you're right. I'm not so good at dealing with stress. So I'm not sure whether I can handle it or not.

    你说的对.我不太擅长应对压力,我也不知道能不能应对得了.

    J: perhaps it's a little early for you to start working. You may wait till the kid grows up.

    也许现在出去工作有一点早,你可以等孩子长大一些再考虑.

    A: good idea. I'll consider going back to work when the kid enters kindergarten.

    好主意,我得想想是不是等孩子上了幼儿园再出去上班.

    J: by then, you'll be fully prepared to re-start your career

    等孩子上了幼儿园,你就该准备好重新在职场打拼了.

    A: thanks you for your advice.

    谢谢你的建议.

    0/0
      上一篇:老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(88):升职加薪 下一篇:老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(90):职场充电

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)