老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(91):食品安全
教程:老外常聊的100个口语话题  浏览:2348  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(91):食品安全
    Food safety 食品安全

    dialogue 1

    Carl: Hello, Kendra. How are things?

    你好,肯德拉.最近过得好吗?

    Kendra: Just fine. What about you?

    还好,你呢?

    C: Not bad. Did you see the news last night?

    不错,你昨晚看新闻了吗?

    K: No, I didn't havc the chance. Was there anything interesting?

    没有,没时间看。有什么有趣的事吗?

    C: Not interesting, terrible.

    不是有趣,是恐怖.

    K: Terriblc,why?

    恐怖,为什么啊?

    C: Two workers bave died and 19 0thers have been bospitalized after having lunch at arestaurant in Sbenzhen on Saturday moming.

    周同早上在深圳,一些工人在一家饭店吃午饭时食物中毒- .两人中毒身亡,19人被送往医院抢救。

    K: It's incredible.Did tbcy find the Cause

    太难以想象了!查明原因了吗?

    C: Not yet. it's still under investigation.

    还没有,正在调查中

    K: Food safety is not a new problem, but food poisoning seems to be happening more these days.

    食品安全是个老问题了.食物中毒量近好像频频发生.

    C: I think some producers are too profit-oriented and itlnore their social responsibility.

    我认为一些食品生产商只顾lll钱,不考虑社会责任.

    K: Do you think the governmcnt should intervence to stop further tragedy?

    你认为政府应该介入以避免悲剧再发生吗?

    C: Defrnitely, I think thcre should be not only fines to the sboddy food producers, but also riminal punishment.

    我想政府应该介入,对于那些生产劣质产品的厂家,不仅要罚款,还要追究刑事责任

    K: Food safcty is a mattcr of lifc and death.

    食品女全是生死攸关的大事啊。

    dialogue 2

    C: hey, there!

    嗨,你好!

    K: hello, Carl. Have you heard about the contaminated baby formula?

    你好,你听说婴幼儿奶粉事件了吗?

    C: yes. Actually, I'm quite concerned about that. It's confirmed that 4 babies died and more than 6,200 infants nationwide have developed kidney stones after drinking the tainted formula.

    听说了.实际上,我很关注这件事.经证实,现在有4个婴儿丧生了,6200个婴儿患上了肾结石.

    K: what a tragedy!

    太惨了!

    C: I remember the public outrage when it was discovered that 171 infants had sufferedmalnutrition because of the ingestoin of inferior milk power in Fuyang City, Anhui Province in 2004.

    我至今还记得,2004年在安徽省阜阳市,因为服用劣质奶粉,有171名婴儿营养不良,当时也激起了民愤.

    K: food safety has been a long-standing concern nationwide.

    食品安全想来都为人们所关注.

    C: well, I think this recent incident will have a far-reaching negative impact on the milk industry.

    哦,我想这次奶粉事件肯定会重创奶制品行业.

    K: definitely, in the case of the tainted milk powder, for example, not only the offending company suffers losses, but the whole milk market suffers a sharp drop in sales.

    当然,比如在这次的奶粉事件中,不仅相关的不法企业损失惨重,而且奶制品市场销量大减.

    C: yes, you are right.

    是啊.

    K: but I don't know if it is only an isolated incident or whether it reflects a broader problem in the milk industry?

    但是不知道这是个案,还是反映出整个奶制品行业的问题呢?

    C: I guess it's an industry-wide problem, as 69 batches of baby formula produced by 22 companies have been found to be contaminated.

    我想整个行业都有问题,22家企业生产的69批婴儿奶粉都被查出有问题.

    K: that's right. This will quickly undermine public confidence in the milk industry possibly for years to come.

    是啊,今后几年内,人们对奶制品行业都不会有什么信心了.

    C: definitely! With the public disclosure, buyers' confidence seems to be waning.

    是啊,一经曝光,消费者就信心大减.

    K: I think China's food industry needs a shake-up.

    我想中国的食品行业需要重新整顿.

    0/0
      上一篇:老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(90):职场充电 下一篇:老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(92):自然灾害

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)