老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(100):幸福晚年
教程:老外常聊的100个口语话题  浏览:11054  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    老外最想聊的100个英语口语话题(100):幸福晚年
    Happiness in Old Age 幸福晚年

    dialogue 1

    S: Louis, facy meeting you here.

    路易斯,真高兴在这儿碰见你!

    L: hi! Susan. What brings you this way?

    你好,苏珊.什么风把你吹来了?

    S: my father works nearby, and I am gonna meet him for lunch.

    我父亲在附近工作,我和他约好了一起吃午饭.

    L: but I remember you told me your father retired last year.

    我记得你和我说过你父亲去年就退休了.

    S: yes, he did, but he has found a new job in a nearby office.

    是啊,退了.但是他后来又在附近找了一份新工作.

    L: was he worried about making ends meet?

    他是担心钱不够花吗?

    S: not really, he has a decent pension but he wants to keep physically and mentally active.

    不是,他退休金还可以,就是想活动活动.

    L: oh, I see. Does your father live with you?

    哦,明白了.那你父亲和你们一起住吗?

    S: no, my father prefers to live on his own.

    没有,他喜欢一个人住.

    L: I can understand if he wants to be independent while he still can.

    我明白,他是觉得自己身体还可以,可以独立生活.

    S: how are your parents? I haven't seen them for a long time.

    你父母怎么样?我好久没见他们了.

    L: they're fine. Still working but we're looking ahead. There is a new fully-equipped retirement home in our neighborhood. They've been thinking about moving there when they couldn't live on their own.

    他们很好,还在工作但是马上就退休了.我们小区里新开了个养老院设施很齐备,他们考虑过几年就搬去那儿住.

    S: oh, really? I have no idea about that but it sounds very convenient.

    是吗?没听说啊,不过好像挺方便的.

    L: my parents prefer to be independent, you know, and they don't want to be a burden.

    我父母想自己住,他们不想成为我们的负担.

    S: oh, I see. That sounds great if they can keep some independence but still haveprofessionals nearby just in case.

    恩,住那里也不错,他们有一定的自由,又有专业人士在身边,以防万一.

    dialogue 2

    L Hi, Susan Warm today. isn't it?

    嗨,苏珊.今天天气很暖和,是吧?

    S: You said it. Could you hold this newspaper for me?

    是啊。你帮我拿—下报纸好吗?

    L Yes. of course. What are you reading?

    好啊。你在看什么呢?

    S: An article entitled "Sunset Love'

    一篇题为“黄昏恋”的文章。

    .

    L: Interesting. What's it about? '

    挺有j敏思的,是关于什么的?

    S: About a love story between an old professor and a young Iady.

    关于一位老教授和一个年轻女士之间的爱情故事.

    L DottIey get married in the end?

    他们最后结婚了吗?

    S: Yes. Despite all the obstacles, they Iive happily together.

    结了.虽然遇到了重重困难,但是他们最后还是幸福地生活在了一起.

    L What would you say if your father wants to remarry?

    如果你父亲再婚,你同意吗?

    S: Actually, we have encouraged him to start dating agrun. It' s sad to see him aIone.

    事实上,我们鼓励他再次谈恋爱,看见他总是一个人,我们心里也很难受。

    L: I guess you're right. No mattcr how caring and attentive we are, our love can nevcr take the place of a special partner.

    不论子女们有多体贴,照顾得有多周到,我们的爱永远无法取代一个老伴的位置.

    S: That's rigbt, but my father holds the traditional bclief that remarriage is disrespectful to my mother.

    是啊,但是我父亲思想很保守,他认为再婚时不起我妈.

    L: Oh, I see. Due to tbc sense of morality, many seniors in China tend to believevc remarriage among older people is abnormal.

    哦,这样啊.因为道德观念的束缚,在中国,许多老年人 都认为再婚不太正常.

    S: That's why many scniors like my father decidc to stay alone.

    所以很多像我父亲一样的老年人都决定不再结婚了.

    L: I see.

    明白了

    0/0
      上一篇:老外想聊的100个英语口语话题(99):住房问题 下一篇:查看所有《老外常聊的100个口语话题》

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)