So I was a C- student in school.
我是学校里的差等生。
I went to one of the best schools in Washington, DC.
我念的是华盛顿最好的学校之一。
And I think that out of 100 students, I was the 100th student.
在100个学生里,我感觉自己是第100名。
But I had a couple of teachers.
但是我有几位老师。
One I'll remember forever is, his name is Harvey Lesure, my tenth grade American History teacher.
其中我永远都不会忘记的是哈维吕索尔,我十年级的美国历史老师。
Even though I was the worst student in the class, Harvey Lesure saw something.
尽管我是班级上最差的学生,但哈维吕索尔依然会关注到我。
He made me feel, I don't know how he did it, like some great magician...
虽然我不知道他是如何做到的,我觉得他是一个伟大的魔术师。
...he made me feel like I had something to say.
他让我觉得我有东西想要表达。
So when I feel like the issue is too complex,...
当我感觉到这个事情错综复杂,
...too hard to grasp, impossible fixing our schools,...
太难控制,没办法去改变学校,
...I go to the place that I did when I first started making this movie.
当我开始拍摄这短片的时候,我再一次重返校园。
That we're never gonna have great schools without great teachers.
我意识到没有好的老师就不可能有好的学校。
So if you're looking for a way to get involved,...
所以如果你也想参与,
...if you're looking for a way to give every kid in America a great education,...
如果你也希望所有美国的孩子都得到好的教育,
...it starts with great teachers.
一切都从好的老师开始。
Become a teacher.
成为一名老师。
Help a teacher.
帮助一个老师。
Be part of appreciating the role teachers have in our society.
成为感恩老师的群体之一。
That is the answer.
这就是答案。
We're never going to have great schools without great teachers.
没有好的老师就不可能有好的学校。
I was, at best, a C- student.
我最好的成绩不过是C-。