I'm a little worried about calling Mr. Sanchez in Mexico, Mark.
马克,对于打电话给在墨西哥的桑切斯先生,我有点担心。
I'm not used to dealing with international clients. Any suggestions?
我不习惯应对国际客户。有什么建议吗?
I've heard it's good to start with small talk before you get down to business.
我听说在开始谈正事之前,先开始闲聊会很好,
Americans respect directness, but other cultures may not.
美国人喜欢直率,但其他的文化可能不会。
Is it appropriate for me to call him "Mr." or should I use "Señor"?
那我称呼他“先生”合适吗?或者我应该使用“绅士”?
I think Mr. is the safer title to use.
我觉得先生是比较适合的。
I'm also worried I might not understand his accent.
我同样担心或许我不理解他的口音。
I guarantee you won't understand everything. But don't worry.
我保证你肯定不可能完全理解,但是别担心。
Just ask him to repeat or clarify and concisely summarize your notes before you hang up.
只要要求他重复或澄清,并且在你挂电话之前简明扼要地总结笔记就可以。
重点词汇与短语:
guarantee: 保证
summarize:总结
worry about: 对...表示担心
appropriate for:对...而言是合适的
deal with sth: 处理
get down to:着手...