海底两万里 第74期 第6章 开足马力(16)
教程:海底两万里  浏览:402  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    And $500.00 to the man who can pierce that infernal beast!

    谁打中这恶魔,给五百美元!

    Calm of eye, cool of feature, an old gray-bearded gunner-I can see him to this day-approached the cannon, put it in position, and took aim for a good while.

    一位胡子花白的老炮手—他现在仍然活现在我眼前—眼光镇定,面容冷静,走到大炮面前,把炮位摆好,瞄准了很久的时间。

    There was a mighty explosion, mingled with cheers from the crew.

    轰的一声炮响了,这时船员们的欢呼声混杂在一起。

    The shell reached its target; it hit the animal, but not in the usual fashion-it bounced off that rounded surface and vanished into the sea two miles out.

    炮弹打中了,正打在动物身上,但是并没有给它致命的打击,而是从它圆圆的身上滑过去落在二海里远的海中。

    Oh drat! said the old gunner in his anger. That rascal must be covered with six-inch armor plate!

    真怪!老炮手暴跳如雷,说,这混蛋的身上一定有一层六英寸厚的铁甲!

    Curse the beast! Commander Farragut shouted.

    该死的东西!法拉古舰长喊。

    The hunt was on again, and Commander Farragut leaned over to me, saying:

    追逐又开始了,法拉古舰长弯身对我说道:

    I'll chase that animal till my frigate explodes!

    我要一直追到我们的船爆炸为止!

    Yes, I replied, and nobody would blame you!

    对,您对!我答。

    We could still hope that the animal would tire out and not be as insensitive to exhaustionas our steam engines.

    人们只指望这动物筋疲力尽,它总不能跟蒸汽机一样,永远不感到疲倦

    0/0
      上一篇:海底两万里 第73期 第6章 开足马力(15) 下一篇:海底两万里 第75期 第6章 开足马力(17)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)