最后,今晚的主角…
tonight is not about Allegra.
不是艾莉桂
It's not? - No. Tonight is about Maggie.
不是吗? 不是,今晚的主角是玛姬
A woman's best friend has to sign off on all big relationship decisions.
闺中密友能左右两人的关系
So you can't afford to mess this up.
所以你绝对不能搞砸
Albert, I want you to meet my friend, Maggie.
我要你见见我朋友,玛姬
Hi, Maggie. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you.
玛姬,很高兴能认识你
I'm Maggie.
我才是玛姬
No, you're not. - Actually, I am.
你才不是 我正是
Magnus Forester. Thank you so much for inviting us.
玛纳佛瑞斯,谢谢你邀请我们
You have very soft hands. - Thank you.
你的手真柔软 谢谢
Wow. So do you. - Thank you.
你的也是 谢谢
So tonight, you focus on one thing and one thing only.
今晚你只要注意做好一件事
Maggie.
玛姬
Where does your inspiration come from? - Oh, my God.
你的灵感都是从哪来的? 我的老天
Anything I see.
任何事物吧
Something in a magazine, out on the street...
杂志里的报导 街上的东西…
in an old movie.
老电影里的情节
The receptive nature of the creative facility just astounds me.
创造力永远都能让我惊讶不已
Anybody want any spring rolls?
有谁想吃春卷?
That's a beautiful tie, by the way. This whole thing, it just works.
你的领带很棒,你的打扮很有型
Thank you.
谢谢
Is he gay? - I don't think so.
他是同志吗? 我想不是
I like him.
我喜欢他
1.sign off
停止活动;停止广播
During that meeting, we were interrupted severaltimes because Shane had to sign off on a qualitycheck for an order.
在那次会议中,由于夏安要签署一大堆订单和文件,会议被打断了好几次。
2.astound
vt. 使惊骇;使震惊
The great-grandfather is one of those vigorous and optimistic elders who astounds his peers.
曾祖父是那些精力旺盛,乐观的老年人之一,他们常常使同龄人感到惊奇。
剧情百科
约会的主角往往是你的心上人,但这次却不是亚伯特的心上人艾琳,而是艾琳的朋友——玛姬。一个闺蜜往往能左右两个人的关系……
考考你 Q&A
Please fill in the blanks with the proper words
1.I am ______ ______ ______ ______my colleagues.
我和我的同事相处的很好。
2.Your qualifications ______ you to a higher salary.
你的资格使你有权享有较高的薪水。
本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.He caught a glimpse of his former lover in the theatre last night.
昨晚他在剧院里瞥见了他以前的情人。
2.You glance at the offending passages.
你浏览过这段讨人厌恶的文字了。