时差N小时:每年400天 400 Days Per Year
教程:时差N小时  浏览:470  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Yael, do you notice the days changing length overthe course of the year?

    雅埃尔,你有没有注意到一年中每一天的长度在改变么?

    Sure, Don, it stays light later in the summer andgets dark earlier in the winter.

    当然了,唐,夏天白天长些,冬天天黑得早些。

    No, that's not it. I mean the whole day feels longer.

    不,我说的不是这件事。我的意思是一整天感觉变长了些。

    I'm not sure that's possible, Don aren't days always24 hours long?

    我不确定它是不是真的,难道一天不总是24个小时么?

    Well, it actually takes 23 hours, 56 minutes, and 4 seconds for the Earth to rotate on its axis.

    其实,实际上,地球绕地轴自转一周需要23小时56分零4秒。

    But in fact the Earth's rotation is slowing down all the time because of the gravitational pullof the moon.

    但实际上,因为有月球的万有引力作用,地球自转一直在变慢。

    Does this mean that the days really do feel longer?

    这就意味着一天真让人觉得变长了?

    Nope. The moon slows us down byabout two milliseconds a century, so that even 1 million years ago days were only twentyseconds shorter.

    不。每过一个世纪,月球使我们慢了2毫秒。因此,即使比起一百万年前的某一天,现在也仅仅慢了20秒。

    I doubt I would have noticed that.

    人们会注意到么?

    Maybe not a million years ago. But 400 million years ago days were 21 and a half hours long,which you would have noticed.

    可能不是一百万年前,而是4亿年前的某一天,当时一天长21.5小时,这样你可能就能注意到。

    What you really would have noticed is that the time it takes the Earth to get around the sunhasn't changed, so that back then there were 400 days a year.

    你真正能意识到的是:地球绕着太阳公转的时间没有改变,所以那时一年有400天。

    Scientists have found fossil evidence from tropical corals that existed at that time, and theyhave about 400 daily growth rings per year.

    从存活在那时的热带珊瑚中,科学家已经发现了化石证据。它们每年大约有400个生长日轮。

    So someone was enjoying all those extra sunny days.

    所以过去的人能享受这些多出来的日子。

    0/0
      上一篇:时差N小时:痒痒 Why scratching is so effective 下一篇:时差N小时:怎么长肌肉? How to increase strength

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)