英语听书《白鲸记》第424期
教程:英语听书《白鲸记》  浏览:392  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    By the Mainmast; Starbuck leaning against it.

    斯达巴克倚着主桅。

    My soul is more than matched; she's over-manned; and by a madman!

    我的灵魂是无敌的;可它却被压服了,被一个疯子压服了!

    Insufferable sting, that sanity should ground arms on such a field!

    难挨的苦恼呵,一个精神健全的人竟会在这样一个战场上放下武器!

    But he drilled deep down, and blasted all my reason out of me!

    但是,他已经直钻到了我的心底里,把我身上所有的理性全都炸掉了!

    I think I see his impious end; but feel that I must help him to it.

    我认为,我虽然看出他那不虔诚的目的;却又觉得我必须帮他达到这个目的。

    Will I, nill I, the ineffable thing has tied me to him; tows me with a cable I have no knife to cut. Horrible old man!

    不管我愿意不愿意,那种说不出的东西已经把我跟他绑在一起了;用任何刀子都砍不断的大缆把我绑起。可怕的老人呀!

    Who's over him, he CRIes;--aye, he would be a democrat to all above; look, how he lords it over all below!

    谁支配他,他高声叫喊;是呀,他对他上面的人倒是民主的;可是,瞧他怎样对下面的人逞威风!

    Oh! I plainly see my miserable office,to obey, rebelling; and worse yet, to hate with touch of pity!

    啊,我清清楚楚地看到我这份可怜的职司,要服从命令,却又心存反叛;更糟糕的是,又恨又怜!

    For in his eyes I read some lurid woe would shrivel me up, had I it.

    因为,在他的眼睛中,我已看出一种会把我吓坏的阴森森的邪恶神气。

    Yet is there hope. Time and tide flow wide.

    然而,还有希望。时运宽广。

    The hated whale has the round watery world to swim in, as the small gold-fish has its glassy globe.

    那条可恨的大鲸有个滚圆的大海可以游水,正如小金鱼有个玻璃缸一样。

    His heaven-insulting purpose, God may wedge aside.

    他那侮辱上天的意图,上帝也许会置之不理。

    I would up heart, were it not like lead. But my whole clock's run down; my heart the all-controlling weight, I have no key to lift again.

    我得打起精神来,如果它不象是一块铅的话。但是,我的整个心钟都已经停了摆;我的心就象那支配一切的摆锤,我实在无法再拨动它了。

    (A burst of revelry from the forecastle.)

    (船头楼突然传来一阵狂欢声)

    0/0
      上一篇:英语听书《白鲸记》第423期 下一篇:英语听书《白鲸记》第425期

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)