Everybody dies,But not everybody lives
教程:名人演讲  浏览:427  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    It is not death most people are afraid of.

    大多数人恐惧的并不是死亡本身。

    It is getting to the end of life, only to realize that you never truly lived.

    而是当生命渐渐走到尽头,你才发现自己从未真正活过!

    There was a study done, a hospital on 100 elderly people facing death close to their last breath.

    某医院进行了一项调研,他们访问了一百位弥留的老人。

    They were asked to reflect about their life’s biggest regret.

    让他们回顾一生中最大的遗憾。

    Nearly all of them said they regretted not the things they did, but the things they didn’t do.

    几乎所有人心中的遗憾都不是那些他们曾经做过的事情,而是自己从未做过的事。

    The risks they never took the dreams they didn’t pursue.

    没有冒过的险,没有追逐过的梦!

    I ask you would your last words be, if only I had – hey, you, wake up.

    我问你,你的临终遗言会是什么,假如当初我……嘿,你,打住。

    Why do you exist?

    你为什么而存于世?

    Life is not meant to simply work, wait for the weekend and pay rent.

    人生目标不仅仅局限在工作,然后期盼着休假及缴纳房租。

    No, no I don’t know much. But I know this every person on this earth has a gift.

    绝不止这些,我虽然懂的不多。但我知道,每个人都有生命所给予的一份天赋。

    And I apologized to the black community but I can no longer pretend Martin Luther King.

    我要向黑人兄弟们道歉,无意冒犯,但我不能假装是马丁·路德·金了。

    That man never had a dream, that dream had him.

    他未曾拥有一个梦想,是梦想拥有了他。

    See people don’t choose dreams, dreams choose them.

    人们从未选择梦想,是梦想选择了他们。

    So the question I’m getting to is, do you have the courage to grab the dream that picked you?

    所以我想要问的是,你是否有勇气去抓住这个选择了你的梦想。

    That befit you and grips you; or will you let it get away and slip through?

    是抓住那个契合本心、由衷向往的梦想,还是任由他们四处消散再也无力挽回?

    You know I learned a fact about airplanes the other day.

    讲一件我最近了解到的关于飞机的事吧。

    This was – this was so surprising to see, I was talking to a pilot and he told me that many of his passengers think planes are dangerous to fly in.

    这——实在大大地出乎我的意料。在我与一位飞行员聊天时,他告诉我,很多乘客都认为飞机在天上比在地上要危险。

    But he said actually, it is a lot more dangerous for a plane to stay on the ground.

    但他说,实际上,飞机在地上其实更危险。

    I say what? Like how does that sound what he said, he said because on the ground, the plane starts to rust.

    什么?我没听错吧?他解释道,飞机在地面上会更容易生锈。

    Malfunction and wear, much faster than it ever would if it was in the air.

    飞机磨损、机械故障产生的速度在地面上远远大于在天上飞的时候。

    As I walked away thought, yeah, makes total sense because planes were built to live in the skies.

    后来我又想了想,对啊,很有道理,因为飞机是为翱翔蓝天而生的。

    And every person was built to live out the dream they have inside.

    就像人是为活出自我、追逐内心的梦想而生的。

    So it is perhaps the saddest loss to live a life on the ground without ever taking off.

    所以,或许人生最应该悲怜的是,在地上挣扎了一辈子,却从未起飞过。

    See most of us are afraid of the thief, they comes in the night to steal all of our things.

    很多人都害怕遭贼,他们会在夜里悄悄偷走家里一切值钱的东西。

    But there is a thief in your mind who is after your dreams.

    但是你心里一直住着一个贼,他时刻惦记着你的梦想。

    His name is doubt.

    他的名字叫迟疑。

    If you see him call the cops and keep him away from the kids because he is wanted for murder.

    一旦看见他,赶紧通知警察,一定要让他们远离孩子。因为他是被通缉的谋杀犯。

    So he has killed more dreams than failure ever did.

    他杀过的梦想比失败还多。

    He wears many disguises and like a virus will leave you blinded, divided and turn you into a kinda.

    他带着假面具四处穿梭,像个病毒,侵蚀你、分裂你。渐渐的,你凡事都带着“有点”的影子。

    See kindais lethal。

    “有点”是致命的。

    You know what kindais?

    你了解“有点”吗?

    There is a lot of kindapeople, you kinda want a career change, you kindawant to get straight A's, you kindawant to get in shape.

    世界上有很多凡事都带着“有点”的人,你只是“有点”想要改变职业生涯,你只是“有点”想要变得优秀,你只是“有点”想要健身塑形。

    Simple math, no numbers to crunch.

    很简单的数学题,连数字都不用。

    If you kindawant something, then you will kindaget the results you want.

    如果你只是“有点”想要什么,那你得到的结果也就只能是“有点”的程度。

    What is your dream?

    你的梦想是什么?

    What ignites that spark?

    是什么点燃了你的心中的希望之火?

    You can’t kindawant that, you got to want it with every part of your whole heart.

    你不能只是“有点”,你需要全身心的投入其中。

    Will you struggle? Yeah, yeah… you will struggle, no way around it.

    你会抗争吗?是,是的,一定会很艰难,但你必须要抗争,没有捷径可走。

    You will fall many times, but who’s counting?

    你会失败很多次,但是谁在乎呢?

    Just remember, there’s no such thing as a smooth mountain.

    请记住,没有哪座巍峨的高山是平坦的。

    If you want to make it to the top then, there are sharp ridges that have to be stepped over.

    如果你想登顶,你就必须征服陡峭的山脊。

    There will be times you get stressed and things you get depressed over.

    很多时候,你会紧张焦虑,甚至沮丧失望。

    But let me tell you something.

    但是让我告诉你一些事。

    Steven Spielberg was rejected from film school three times, three times but he kept going.

    史蒂文·斯皮尔伯格曾经被电影学院拒绝了三次,整整三次,但他坚持了。

    The television execs fired Oprah said she was unfit for TV but she kept going.

    电视台曾经开除过奥普拉,并且说她不适合上镜,但她坚持了。

    Critics told Beyoncé that she couldn’t sing she went through depression. But she kept going.

    碧昂斯曾经被乐评人断言她不适合唱歌,并由此患上了抑郁症。但她坚持了。

    Struggle and criticisms are prerequisites for greatness.

    抗争和承受批判是迈向卓越的先决条件。

    That is the law of this universe and no one escapes it.

    这是世间的法则,没人能够置身事外。

    Because pain is life but you can choose what type?

    因为痛苦就是人生的一部分,但你可以选择它的方向。

    Either the pain on the road to success or the pain of being haunted with regret.

    是通向成功的痛苦,还是抱憾终身的痛苦。

    You want my advice.

    你想听听我的意见吗?

    Don’t think twice.

    不要犹豫。

    We have been given a gift that we call life.

    我们生而有一份礼物,它叫人生。

    So don’t blow it.

    所以别糟蹋了。

    You’re not defined by your past instead you were born anew in each moment.

    过去已成,但它无法定义现在的你。你活在现在,每一刻都是新生。

    So own it now.

    所以,请活在当下。

    Sometimes you’ve got to leap.

    有时,你得先学会跳跃。

    And grow your wings on the way down.

    才能在你下落时舒展你的羽翼。

    You better get the shot off before the clock runs out because there is ain’t no over time in life, no do over.

    你最好能在时钟走完前掷出手中的球,因为人生没有加时赛,结束就结束了。

    And I know what sound like I’m preaching on speaking with force, but if you don’t use your gift then you sell not only yourself, but the whole world. Short.

    我知道我听起来就像一直在唠唠叨叨的说教。但如果你不运用你的天赋,那么你不仅看轻了自己,也看轻了这个世界。

    So what invention that you have buried in your mind?

    所以,你有什么才能埋藏在你的心里吗?

    What idea? What cure?

    你有什么样的主意?什么样的对策?

    What skill did you have inside to bring out to this universe?

    你有什么样的技能想要带到这个世间?

    Uni meaning one, verse meaning song, you have a part to play in this song.

    人意味着个体,人间意味着乐章,每个人都能演奏独属于自己的乐章。

    So grab that microphone and be brave sing your heart out on life stage.

    所以勇敢地抓住自己的麦克风,在生命的舞台上,迸发出内心的声音吧。

    You can not go back and make a brand new beginning.

    人生无法重来,你不能回到过去重新开局。

    But you can start now and make a brand new ENDING.

    但是你可以从现在开始,创造一个全新的结局!

    0/0
      上一篇:我有一个梦想 I 马丁路德金 下一篇:What`s stopping you

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程