跟艾米莉一起学口语 第774期:请假的多种表达
教程:跟艾米莉一起学口语  浏览:350  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    实用句子

    He took Monday off.

    他星期一休息。

    He is on annual leave.

    他休年假去了。

    I'm taking a few days off next week, the kids are off school.

    下周我要请几天假,孩子们放假了。

    Why don't you take a day of sick leave?

    你为什么不请一天病假呢?

    I'm asking for a three-day personal leave, because my wife is giving birth.

    因为我太太要生了,我要请三天假。

    You may have one month of paid-holiday every year.

    你每年有一个月的带薪假期。

    划重点

    take+星期/天数 off

    请...假

    比如:"take Tuesday off"就是“星期二请假”,那"take three days off"就是“请三天假”

    be on annual leave

    处在修年假的过程中

    I'm on my annual leave, call me if you need me.

    我在修年假中,有事情给我打电话。

    paid holiday

    带薪休假

    I will give you one-month of paid holiday and you can have enough time to think about it. You need relax.

    我给你一个月的带薪假期,你可以有足够的事件来思考。

    经典对话

    A: Have you finished going through the contract?

    你看完合同了吗?

    go through表示“浏览”

    B: Yes, but I have a few questions for you.

    看完了,不过我有几个问题要问你。

    A: Okay, ask anyway.

    好,你问。

    B: First, I'd like to know if you offer employees sick leave?

    首先,我想知道你们这里有没有为员工提供病假?

    A: Employees can take up to 10 days of sick leave per year. However, in order to get paid, you will have to bring in a note from the doctors.

    有,员工每年有十天病假。不过如果不想扣工资的话,最好找医生开假条。

    B: Even if I'm only sick for one day?

    即使我只生病一天也要开吗?

    A: That's correct.

    没错。

    B: That's pretty strict, if you ask me.

    如果你问我意见的话,我觉得这条规定太严苛了。

    A: Well, we've had to add that to the contract because we found that many of our employees were taking almost one day a month, even though they weren't sick.

    嗯,我们必须要把这条写进合同。因为以前我们这儿有很多员工即使没有生病,也几乎每月都要修一次病假。

    B: I see. I guess that makes sense.

    我懂了,你们这样做确实有道理。

    make sense表示“有道理;讲得通”

    A: Do you have any other questions?

    你还有其他问题吗?

    B:Yes. Maternity leave is mentioned in the contract, but there's nothing in the contract about paternity leave. Do you offer anything to fathers?

    有,合同里涉及了产假,可是没有提到父亲假,公司有没有为新父亲们提供假期?

    be mentioned in...表示“有在...被涉及/提到”

    A: We do actually. We can add that as an amendment to your contract.

    有的。我们可以把这一条作为补充条款写进你的合同。

    amendment表示“修正案;修改”

    B: How many days of paternity leave do you offer?

    你们提供多少天的父亲假期?

    A: Men are allowed to take ten days of paternity leave for their first child.

    男性员工有十天假期。

    be allowed to...表示“被允许...”比如“你被允许吃完饭抽根烟”翻译为“You are allowed to smoke after the meal”。那“不被允许做”就是“be not allowed to”

    B: Why are women allowed so much more time for maternity leave?

    为什么女性的产假比这要多的多呢?

    A: Well, women are the ones giving birth. I think it's fair to give them more time, don't you?

    女性要经历生产过程,我觉得给她们更多时间休息很合理,你不觉得吗?

    B: I guess so. I don't have any other questions. Should I sign here then?

    合理,我没有其他问题了,是在这儿签字吗?

    A: Yes, please.

    是的,请签吧。

    0/0
      上一篇:跟艾米莉一起学口语 第773期:寻找人或物 下一篇:跟艾米莉一起学口语 第775期:“找工作”必学的简单表达

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)