Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——Yours in Distress, Alan
教程:Letters Live  浏览:461  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    Yours in Distress, Alan

    My dear Norman, I don't think I really do know much about jobs, except the one I had during the war, and that certainly did not involve any traveling.

    亲爱的诺曼,我想除了在战争中的那份工作外,我对工作知之甚少,而那份工作并不需要出差。

    I think they do take on conscripts.

    我想他们现在还在招人。

    It certainly involved a good deal of hard thinking, but whether you'd be interested I don't know.

    这份工作肯定包含大量的脑力劳动,但我不知道你是否对此感兴趣。

    Philip Hall was in the same racket and on the whole, I should say, he didn't care for it

    菲利普·霍尔曾经做过这份工作,但总体来说,我得说他并不喜欢。

    However I am not at present in a state in which I am able to concentrate well, for reasons explained in the next paragraph.

    但我现在的状态并不能让我全神贯注,原因在下一段中解释。

    I've now got myself into the kind of trouble that I have always considered to be quite a possibility for me, though I have usually rated it at about 10:1 against.

    最近我惹上了个麻烦,我一直认为这事很有可能发生,尽管发生的概率很低。

    I shall shortly be pleading guilty to a charge of sexual offences with a young man.

    不久后我将认罪,罪名为xing侵犯一名年轻男子。

    The story of how it all came to be found out is a long and fascinating one, which I shall have to make into a short story one day, but haven't the time to tell you now.

    至于我是如何被定罪,这个故事既漫长又有趣,将来的某天我应该把这个故事缩短些,但现在没有时间讲给你听了。

    No doubt I shall emerge from it all a different man, but quite who I've not found out.

    毫无疑问,这件事以后我会变成一个不一样的人,但变成什么样我现在不得而知。

    Glad you enjoyed broadcast.

    很高兴你喜欢听广播。

    Jefferson certainly was rather disappointing though.

    虽然杰斐逊确实很让人沮丧。

    I'm afraid that the following syllogism may be used by some in the future.

    恐怕如下的推论在以后会被某些人所用。

    Turing believes machines can think.

    图灵相信机器能够思考。

    Turing lies with men.

    图灵对人们撒谎。

    Therefore machines do not think.

    所以,机器不会思考。

    Yours in distress, Alan

    你处于痛苦中的,阿兰。

    0/0
      上一篇:Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——You will not have my hatred 下一篇:Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——Ought Women Not to Be Abolished All Together

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程