Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——Like A Tree in Full Bearing
教程:Letters Live  浏览:430  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    露易丝·布瑞莉 - Like A Tree in Full Bearing

    December 25th,1848-1848

    年12月25日

    My dear Sir,

    尊敬的先生,

    I will write to you at more length when my heart can find a little rest—

    待我心绪稍宁后,我再写信与你详叙

    now I can only thank you very briefly for your letter.

    现在我只能十分简短地谢谢你的来信。

    Emily is nowhere here now,

    艾米莉现在已经不在了,

    her wasted mortal remains are taken out of the house.

    她那憔悴的遗体已被抬出家门。

    We have laid her cherished head under the church aisle

    我们已将亲爱的艾米莉安葬在教堂耳堂下的墓地里,

    beside my mother's, my two sisters'—dead long ago—and my poor, hapless brother's.

    让她依傍着我的母亲,两个早已去世的姐姐,和我那不幸的弟弟。

     

     

    Some sad comfort I take, as I hear the wind blow

    当我听到风声呼啸,

    and feel the cutting keenness of the frost, in knowing that the elements bring her no more suffering.

    感到严寒刺骨时,深知自然力不会再给她带来什么痛苦了,我在悲痛之余总算得到了些安慰。

    Her deep, hollow cough is hushed forever.

    她剧烈沉重的干咳声永远沉寂了;

    We do not hear it in the night

    现在我们晚上已经听不到她的咳嗽声,

    nor listen for it in the morning.

    早上也不会留神去听。

    My father says to me almost hourly,

    我父亲几乎时时刻刻都在对我说:

    “Charlotte, you must bear up, I shall sink if you fail me.”

    “夏洛蒂,你一定要挺住,如果你挺不住,我也就倒下了。”

    So I will not now ask why Emily was torn from us in the fulness of our attachment,

    因此我现在不会再追问为什么在我们相依为命的时候,艾米莉被夺走了生命;

    rooted up in the prime of her own days, in the promise of her powers.

    为什么正当她年轻有为,才华初露的时候,英年早逝;

    Why her existence now lies like a tree in full bearing struck at the root.

    为什么她此刻的境遇就像是一棵果实累累的大树被连根砍断。

    I will only say,

    我只能说,

    sweet is rest after labour and calm after tempest,

    劳动后的休息,暴风雨后的宁静是甜美怡人的;

    and repeat again and again that Emily knows that now.

    而我要反复地说,艾米莉现在能懂得这一点。

    Yours sincerely,

    谨启,

    C. Bront

    夏洛蒂·勃朗特

     

     

    0/0
      上一篇:Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——In Event of Moon Disaster 下一篇:Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——My Muse Is Not A Horse

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程