Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——You, Dead, Are So Much Better Than Anyone Else Alive
教程:Letters Live  浏览:536  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    You, Dead, Are So Much Better Than Anyone Else Alive

     

     

    D' Arline,

    亲爱的阿琳,

    I adore you, sweetheart.

    我爱你,亲爱的。

    I know how much you like to hear that

    我知道你多喜欢听到这句话。

    but I don't only write it because you like it

    但我写这句话不是因为你喜欢,

    I write it because it makes me warm all over inside to write it to you.

    而是因为它让我全身暖暖的。

    It is such a terribly long time since I last wrote to you

    距我上次给你写信已经过去了很久,

    almost two years but I know you'll excuse me

    快两年了,但我知道你会原谅我的。

    because you understand how I am, stubborn and realistic; and I thought there was no sense to writing.

    因为你了解我是多么的固执和现实,所以我觉得写信完全没有意义。

    But now I know my darling wife that it is right to do so what I have delayed in doing,

    但现在我明白了,我一直迟迟不做的事情其实才是正确的事,

    and that I have done so much in the past.

    而且在过去我已经做了很多。

    I want to tell you that I love you.

    我想告诉你我爱你。

    I want to love you. I always will love you.

    我想爱你。我一直爱你。

    I find it hard to understand in my mind what it means to love you after you are dead

    我很难理解在你死后爱你有何意义,

    but I still want to comfort and take care of you

    但我仍想安抚你,照顾你,

    and I want you to love me and care for me.

    我也想让你爱我,照顾我。

    I want to have problems to discuss with you

    我想和你讨论问题,

    I want to do little projects with you.

    我想和你一起做课题。

    I never thought until just now that we can do that.

    直到现在我才想到我们可以做这些,

    What should we do.

    我们本该一起做的。

    We started to learn to make clothes together

    我们开始一起学做衣服,

    or learn Chinese—or getting a movie projector.

    学汉语,或者去买个电影放映机。

    Can't I do something now?

    现在我自己不能做吗?

    No. I am alone without you

    不能,没有你我孤身一人。

    and you were the “idea-woman” and general instigator of all our wild adventures.

    你是出点子的那个人,是我们所有疯狂冒险的发起者。

    When you were sick you worried because you could not give me something that you wanted to and thought I needed.

    你生病时,你很担心你不能给我我想要的,因为你觉得我需要。

    You needn't have worried.

    你不必担心。

    Just as I told you then there was no real need because I loved you in so many ways so much.

    正如我曾经告诉过你,我没有什么需要,因为我爱你的方式有很多种。

    And now it is clearly even more true—you can give me nothing now yet I love you so that you stand in my way of loving anyone else

    现在看来这再正确不过了,现在你无法给予我什么,但我依然爱你,爱到我无法再爱别人。

    but I want you to stand there.

    我想让你站在这里。

    You, dead, are so much better than anyone else alive.

    虽然你已死去,却强于任何活着的人。

     

     

    I know you will assure me that I am foolish and that you want me to have full happiness and don't want to be in my way.

    你肯定会认为我很愚蠢,你希望我获得幸福,不想妨碍我。

    I'll bet you are surprised that I don't even have a girlfriend (except you, sweetheart) after two years.

    我打赌你会很惊讶两年后我还没有女朋友(除了你,亲爱的)。

    But you can't help it, darling, nor can I

    但你控制不了,亲爱的,我也不能。

    I don't understand it, for I have met many girls and very nice ones and I don't want to remain alone

    我不懂,我遇到过很多女孩,非常好的女孩,我也不想单身。

    but in two or three meetings they all seem ashes.

    但两三次见面后,却发现她们都是虚有其表。

    You only are left to me. You are real.

    我只有你。你是真实的。

    My darling wife, I do adore you.

    我亲爱的妻子,我爱你。

    I love my wife. My wife is dead.

    我爱我的妻子,我的妻子去世了。

    Rich.

    理查

    PS Please excuse my not mailing this—but I don't know your new address.

    另外,请原谅这封信无法寄出,因为我不知道你的新地址。

    0/0
      上一篇:Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——Sleep Well My Love 下一篇:Letters Live 丨英国版《见字如面》——康伯巴奇读信:请爱自己更多一些

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)