里昂夜读英语美文 [399]:一位母亲的祈祷
教程:里昂夜读  浏览:641  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

     

    A Parent's Prayer -- David Axton

    一位母亲的祈祷--大卫·阿克斯顿

     

     

    Now I lay me down to sleep

    现在我要躺下睡觉

    I pray my sanity to keep

    我祈祷我通情达理明智如一

    For if some peace I do not find

    因为一旦我无法心平气和

    I'm pretty sure, I'll lose my mind

    我笃定我一定会失去理智

    I pray I find a little quiet

    我希望我可以找寻一片净土

    Far from the daily family riot

    远离生活家庭琐事

    May I lie back and not have to think

    躺在那里不用去想

    About what they're stuffing down the sink

    孩子们又在拿什么填堵水槽

    Or who they're with, or where they're at

    跟谁在一起或是在哪里

    And what they're doing to the cat

    或者又在怎么玩弄猫咪

    I pray for time all to myself

    我想时间都属于我

    (did something just fall off a shelf? )

    (刚才有东西从架子上摔落嘛?)

    To cuddle in my nice, soft bed

    缩在我这温暖柔软的被窝里

    (Oh no, another goldfish--dead! )

    (我的妈呀!又死了一条金鱼?)

    Some silent moments for goodness sake

    上帝让我安静的躺一会儿吧

    (Did I just hear a window break? )

    (我刚才是听到窗户玻璃碎的声音吗?)

    And that I need not cook or clean

    不用做饭洗衣

    (well heck, I've got the right to dream)

    (奇了怪了,我也曾有做梦的权利啊)

    Yes, now I lay me down to sleep

    对,我现在要躺下睡觉了

    I pray my wits about me keep

    多希望我智慧如初

    But as I look around I know

    可是环顾四周我知道

    I must have lost them long ago!

    我早就丢失了智慧

     

     

    英语美文

    0/0
      上一篇:里昂夜读英语美文 [398]:难以忘怀 下一篇:里昂夜读英语美文 [400]:惹人爱的孩子

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程