J
jacket['ʤækɪt]n. 短上衣;夹克衫
John tried on three jackets. 约翰试穿了三件夹克。
Have you got this jacket in a larger size, please ? 请问,这件夹克你有大一点尺寸的吗?
jam[ʤæm]n. 果酱;阻塞
I spread some apple jam on the bread. 我在面包上涂了些苹果酱。
They were stuck in a traffic jam for two hours. 他们因交通堵塞而受阻两个小时。
January['ʤænjuəri]n. 一月
This hotel is only open from January till March. 这家旅馆只在1月到3月间开放营业。
In January 2009, he opened his first store in Shanghai.2009年1月,他在上海开了第一家店。
Japan[ʤə'pæn]n. 日本
There was a big earthquake in Japan. 日本发生了一次大地震。
How long does it take to fly from Beijing to Japan? 从北京飞到日本要多久?
Japanese[ˌʤæpə'niːz]n. 日本人;日语 adj.日本的;日语的;日本人的
She can speak Japanese. 她会说日语。
Japanese cars have flooded the American market. 日本汽车已充斥美国市场。
jeans[ʤiːnz]n. 牛仔裤
I'll wear jeans and a T-shirt for the journey. 旅行时我会穿牛仔裤和T恤。
I like to wear jeans. 我喜欢穿牛仔裤。
job[ʤɒb]n. 工作
You will have to find another job. 你将不得不另找份工作。
I got a good job. 我找了份好工作。
join[ʤɔɪn]vt. & vi. 参加;加入;连接
He can join the music club. 他可以加入音乐俱乐部。
John and Bobby joined the same company. 约翰和鲍比一起加入了同一家公司。
joke[ʤəʊk]n. 笑话 vt. & vi. 开玩笑
On the way, we kept singing and making jokes. 在路上,我们一直在唱歌和讲笑话。
I kept an eye on them as they joked around. 他们开玩笑的时候我会留意他们。
journalist['ʤɜːnəlɪst]n. 记者;新闻工作者
He is a journalist from CCTV. 他是一名中央电视台的记者。
This journalist's works are popular among young people.这位记者的著作很受年轻人的追捧。
journey['ʤɜːni]n. 旅行
Did you have any problems on your journey? 你在旅途中遇到什么困难了吗?
The journey was a real adventure. 这次旅行是一次真正的冒险。
joy[ʤɔɪ]n. 欢乐;高兴;乐趣
My students are a great joy to me. 我的学生们是我的一大欢乐来源。
Her news was greeted with shouts of joy. 大家都对她的消息报以欢呼。
judge[ʤʌʤ]n. 裁判;审判员;法官 vt. & vi. 审判;断定
The judge met the two lawyers. 法官会见了两位律师。
A man should not be judged by the color of his skin. 不应以肤色去评判一个人。
juice[ʤuːs]n. 果汁
He wants to buy a bottle of orange juice and an ice cream. 他想买一瓶橙汁和一个冰激凌。
Would you like some juice or coffee? 想来点果汁还是咖啡?
July[ʤu'laɪ]n. 七月
July is the hottest month in my hometown. 在我的家乡,七月是最热的一个月。
We will set out for New York in July. 我们将在七月动身去纽约。
jump[ʤʌmp]n. & vi. 跳跃
He holds the world record for the long jump. 他保持着跳远世界纪录。
You mustn't jump onto a bus while it is moving. 不准在公交车开动后跳上车。
June[ʤuːn]n. 六月
We met in June. 我们在六月相遇。
Father's Day is usually on the third Sunday in June. 父亲节通常是六月的第三个星期天。
junior['ʤuːniə(r)]adj. 初级的;年少的
Many students have other plans after junior middle school. 许多学生在初中毕业后另有打算。
He is junior to me by three years. 他比我小三岁。
just[ʤʌst]adv. 刚才;恰好;不过;仅
I saw that the train had just left! 我看到火车刚开走!
I didn't see anybody just sit doing nothing. 我没看见有谁无所事事地闲坐着。