福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第22期:追踪大鹅的来历(2)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:357  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    Holmes pushed open the door of the private bar and ordered two glasses of beer from the ruddy-faced, white-aproned landlord.

    福尔摩斯推开这家私人酒店的门,从红光满面、系着白围裙的老板那里要了两杯啤酒。

    "Your beer should be excellent if it is as good as your geese," said he.

    "如果你的啤酒能象你的鹅一样出色,那将是最上等的啤酒了。"他说道。

    "My geese!" The man seemed surprised.

    "我的鹅!"这个人好象很吃惊。

    "Yes. I was speaking only half an hour ago to Mr. Henry Baker, who was a member of your goose club."

    "是的,仅在半小时以前我刚和你们俱乐部的会员亨利·贝克先生谈过。"

    "Ah! yes, I see. But you see, sir, them's not our geese." "Indeed! Whose, then?"

    "啊,我明白了。可是你知道吗,先生,那些鹅不是我们的!""真的!那么,是谁的呢?"

    "Well, I got the two dozen from a salesman in Covent Garden."

    "噢,我从考文特园一个推销员那里买了二十四只。"

    "Indeed? I know some of them. Which was it?" "Breckinridge is his name."

    "真的?我认识他们当中几个人,是哪一个呢?""他的名字叫布莱肯里奇。"

    "Ah! I don't know him. Well, here's your good health, landlord, and prosperity to your house. Good-night."

    "噢,我不认识他,好吧,老板,祝你身体健康,生意兴隆。再见。"

    "Now for Mr. Breckinridge," he continued, buttoning up his coat as we came out into the frosty air.

    "现在去找布莱肯里奇,"我们离开酒店走进寒冷的空气中。他一边扣着外衣,一边继续往下说,

    "Remember, Watson, that though we have so homely a thing as a goose at one end of this chain,

    "记住,华生,虽然在这条锁链的一端,我们现在只找到象鹅这样家常的东西,

    we have at the other a man who will certainly get seven years' penal servitude unless we can establish his innocence.

    但在另一端,我们却会找到一个肯定将被判处七年徒刑的人,除非我们能够证明他是无罪的;

    It is possible that our inquiry may but confirm his guilt;

    可是,很可能我们的调查也许只能证明他有罪;

    but, in any case, we have a line of investigation which has been missed by the police,

    无论如何,有一条被警察忽略了的调查线索

    and which a singular chance has placed in our hands.

    由于一种特别机缘落入我们的手中。

    Let us follow it out to the bitter end. Faces to the south, then, and quick march!"

    让我们顺着这条线索追查下去。现在朝南快步前进!"

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第21期:追踪大鹅的来历(1) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第23期:追踪大鹅的来历(3)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)