福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第23期:追踪大鹅的来历(3)
教程:福尔摩斯探案全集  浏览:371  
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    We passed across Holborn, down Endell Street, and so through a zigzag of slums to Covent Garden Market.

    我们穿过霍尔伯恩街,折入恩德尔街,接着又走过道路曲折的平民区来到了考文特园市场。

    One of the largest stalls bore the name of Breckinridge upon it,

    在一些大货摊中有一个货摊的招牌上写着布莱肯里奇的名字,

    and the proprietor, a horsy-looking man, with a sharp face and trim side-whiskers, was helping a boy to put up the shutters.

    店主是个长脸的人,脸部瘦削,留着整齐的络腮胡子,这时候,他正在帮着一个小伙计收摊。

    "Good-evening. It's a cold night," said Holmes.

    "晚安,多么冷的夜晚哪!"福尔摩斯说。

    The salesman nodded and shot a questioning glance at my companion.

    店主人点了点头,用怀疑的眼光打量了一下我的同伴。

    "Sold out of geese, I see," continued Holmes, pointing at the bare slabs of marble.

    "看光景鹅都卖完了。"福尔摩斯手指着空荡荡的大理石柜台接着说。

    "Let you have five hundred to-morrow morning." "That's no good."

    "明天早晨,我可以卖给你五百只鹅。" "那没有用。"

    "Well, there are some on the stall with the gas-flare."

    "好吧,煤气灯亮着的那个货摊上还有几只。"

    "Ah, but I was recommended to you." "Who by?"

    "噢,可是我是人家介绍到你这儿来的。""谁介绍的?"

    "The landlord of the Alpha." "Oh, yes; I sent him a couple of dozen."

    "阿尔法酒店的老板。""噢,是的;我给他送去了二十四只。"

    "Fine birds they were, too. Now where did you get them from?"

    "那些鹅可真是不错啊。那么,你是从哪儿弄来的呢?"

    To my surprise the question provoked a burst of anger from the salesman.

    使我感到吃惊的是这个问题竟然惹得店主勃然大怒。

    0/0
      上一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第22期:追踪大鹅的来历(2) 下一篇:福尔摩斯探案集·蓝宝石案 第24期:追踪大鹅的来历(4)

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)