故园风雨后(1981) 第一季 第八集 Part1
教程:故园风雨后·1981(中英对白)  浏览:180  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    第八集 旧地荒芜
    当我从摩洛哥离开塞巴斯蒂安时
    When I left Sebastian in Morocco,
    本打算直接返回巴黎
    I had intended to return directly to Paris,
    但他生活费的事情
    but the business of his allowance
    意味着我还得去伦敦见布赖迪
    meant that I had to travel to London to see Bridey.
    我们在马奇曼公馆的图书室见面
    We met in the library of Marchmain House.
    你认为 我弟弟和那个德国人
    Do you consider there is anything vicious
    的关系有没有不妥之处
    about my brother's connection with this German?
    没有
    No.
    我确信没有
    I'm sure not.
    只是两个流浪者聚到一起
    It's simply a case of two waifs coming together.
    你说过 他是个罪犯
    You say he's a criminal?
    罪犯之类的
    Criminal type.
    他进过军事监狱
    He's been in a military prison,
    后来又被不光彩地释放了
    and he was dishonorably discharged.
    医生说 塞巴斯蒂安在用酗酒自杀
    And the doctor says Sebastian is killing himself with drink.
    使他越来越虚弱
    Weakening himself.
    他没有精神错乱或者肝硬化
    He hasn't DTs or cirrhosis.
    他没有疯掉吧
    He's not insane?
    当然没有
    Certainly not.
    他找到了 一个他碰巧喜欢的同伴
    He's found a companion he happens to like
    和一个他碰巧喜欢住的地方
    and a place that he happens to like living in.
    那他应该得到他的生活费 正如你想的那样
    Then he must have his allowance, as you suggest.
    这件事很清楚
    The thing's quite clear.
    你想画下这座房子吗
    Would you like to paint this house?
    我父亲想留个纪念
    My father wants it done
    保存在布赖兹赫德庄园
    for a record to be kept at Brideshead.
    一幅正面
    One picture of the front,
    一幅后面的花园
    one of the back from the park,
    一幅台阶
    one of the staircase,
    一幅大客厅
    one of the large drawing room -
    四幅小油画就行
    four small oils.
    我不认识什么画家
    I don't know any painters.
    朱丽娅说 你专攻建筑画
    Julia says you specialize in architecture.

    Yes.
    我非常乐意
    I should like to very much.
    你知道 他们要拆掉这里
    You know they're pulling it down.
    我父亲要卖掉这里
    My father's selling it.
    他们要在这里建一幢公寓楼
    They're going to put up a block of flats here.
    他们会保留这个名字
    They're keeping the name.
    显然 我们阻止不了他们
    We can't stop them, apparently.
    多伤感啊
    What a very sad thing.
    唉 我当然很伤心
    Well, of course I'm sorry,
    但你从建筑学的角度 也觉得这里好吗
    but do you think it good architecturally?
    这是我知道的 最好看的房子之一
    It's one of the most beautiful houses I know.
    看不出来
    Can't see it.
    我一直觉得这里挺丑的
    I've always thought it rather ugly.
    也许你的画 会让我改观
    Perhaps your pictures will make me see it differently.
    我从长客厅开始画
    I began in the long drawing room,
    因为他们急切地想搬走
    for they were anxious to shift the furniture
    从房子建成后 就一直摆在那里的家具
    which had stood there since it was built.
    我用铅笔勾勒出透视图
    I set out the perspective in pencil
    但在用颜料之前又犹豫了
    but held back from the painting
    就像一个站在水边的潜水员
    like a diver on the water's edge.
    一旦跳入水中 发现自己浮了起来 不免兴奋
    Once in, I found myself buoyed and exhilarated.
    我通常是个缓慢 从容的画手
    I was normally a slow and deliberate painter.
    那天下午 第二天和第三天
    That afternoon and all next day and the day after,
    我画得很快
    I worked fast.
    我不能出错
    I could do nothing wrong.
    每一段画完后 我都会暂停 紧张
    At the end of each passage, I paused, tense,
    不敢开始下一步
    afraid to start the next,
    像个赌徒一样 害怕好运流转
    fearing, like a gambler, that luck must turn
    成堆的筹码输掉
    and the pile be lost.
    但一点点 一分分
    But bit by bit, minute by minute,
    画作逐渐成型
    the thing came into being.
    没有困难
    There were no difficulties.
    错综多样的光影和色彩
    The intricate multiplicity of light and color
    构成一体
    became a whole.
    画笔的每一次挥动 一旦落下
    Each brush stroke, as soon as it was complete,
    就好像原本一直就在那里
    seemed to have been there always.
    我能待在这看看吗
    May I stay here and watch?

    Yes,
    只要你不说话
    so long as you don't talk.
    这是我接受的第一个作画委托
    This was my first commission.
    我得抓紧时间 因为承包商
    I had to work against time, for the contractors
    只等最后的签名
    were only waiting for the final signature
    就要开始拆除工作了
    to start their work of destruction.
    尽管如此 或可能正因如此
    In spite or perhaps because of that,
    因为我有个恶习 总是在一张画布上画太长时间
    for it is my vice to spend too long on a canvas,
    从不满足 见好就收
    never content to leave well alone,
    马奇曼公馆的那四幅油画
    those four paintings of Marchmain House
    是我最喜欢的
    are particular favorites of mine,
    不仅是我 其他人也觉得成功
    and it was their success both with myself and others
    让我确信 这是我职业生涯的开始
    that confirmed me in what has since been my career.
    能画出这样的画 一定很令人愉快
    Must be lovely to be able to do that.
    是啊
    It is.
    哦 我累了
    Oh, I'm tired.
    我敢说你一定很累
    I bet you are.
    完成了吗
    Is it finished?
    差不多了
    Practically.
    明早 我还要再润色一下
    I shall have to go over it again in the morning.
    你知道 现在快到晚饭时间了吗
    Do you know it's almost dinnertime?
    这里现在没人做饭了
    There's no one here to cook anything now.
    我今天才来的
    I only came up today.
    我没有意识到 这里已经衰败到这种程度了
    I didn't realize how far the decay had gone.
    你会带我出去吃饭的 对吧
    You wouldn't take me out to dinner, would you?
    好的
    All right.
    哦 谢谢你
    Oh, thank you!
    我去换衣服
    I'll go and get changed.
    我们从侧门出去
    We let ourselves out by a side door
    走路去瑞兹烤肉餐厅
    and walked to the Ritz Grill.
    你见过塞巴斯蒂安了
    You've seen Sebastian?
    嗯 我见过了
    Yes, I have.
    就算现在 他也不肯回家
    He won't come home even now.
    我没有意识到 你已经这么懂事了
    I didn't realize you understood so much.
    嗯 我爱他胜过任何人
    Well, I love him more than anyone.
    马奇曼公馆的事 挺伤感的 是吧
    It's sad about Marchers, isn't it?
    非常伤感
    Very sad.
    你知道吗 他们要建一幢公寓楼
    Do you know they're going to build a block of flats
    雷克斯想买
    and that Rex wants to take
    他所谓“空中别墅”的顶楼
    what he calls a "penthouse" at the top?
    他不就是这样吗
    Isn't that like him?
    可怜的朱丽娅 她要承受的太多了
    Poor Julia, that was too much for her.
    他完全不理解
    He couldn't understand it at all.
    他以为 她想继续和原来的家保持联系
    He thought that she'd like to keep up with the old home.
    一切都要飞快地结束了 不是吗
    Things have all come to an end very quickly, haven't they?
    显然 爸爸负债累累
    Apparently, Papa has been terribly in debt
    已经很久了
    for a long time,
    卖掉马奇曼公馆能让他还清债款
    and selling Marchers has put him straight again.
    但你会怎么样呢
    But what's going to happen to you?
    说真的 会怎么样呢
    What indeed?
    有各种各样的建议
    There are all kinds of suggestions.
    范妮·罗斯康曼舅妈想让我跟她住
    Aunt Fanny Roscommon wants me to live with her,

    0/0
      上一篇:故园风雨后(1981) 第一季 第七集 Part6 下一篇:故园风雨后(1981) 第一季 第八集 Part2

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程