故园风雨后(1981) 第一季 第五集 Part4
教程:故园风雨后·1981(中英对白)  浏览:131  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    当我们还小的时候
    not to be talked of in front of us
    不能在我们面前谈起
    when we were children.
    如果妈咪也想
    If Mummy is going to start
    让塞巴斯蒂安成为一个丑闻
    making a skeleton out of Sebastian,
    就太过分了
    it's too much.
    如果他想长醉不醒
    If he wants to be always tight,
    他为什么不去肯尼亚 或者其他
    why doesn't he go off to Kenya or somewhere,
    喝醉了也不要紧的地方呢
    where it doesn't matter?
    他在肯尼亚不会开心
    Why does it matter less being unhappy in Kenya
    这不重要吗
    than anywhere else?
    别装傻 查尔斯
    Don't pretend to be stupid, Charles.
    你很明白
    You understand perfectly.
    你的意思是 这样不会有
    You mean there won't be
    那么多让你尴尬的情形吧
    so many embarrassing situations for you?
    你什么时候去巴黎
    When do you go to Paris, Charles?
    大概一个月之后
    In about a month.
    我想 我开始想念巴黎了
    I think I'm beginning to miss it.
    我现在在伊尔·圣路易有一间新画室
    Now I've got a new studio on the lle Saint-Louis.
    大概有六段楼梯那么高
    It's up about six flights of stairs,
    但视野很好
    but there's a wonderful view.
    巴黎的灯光很不一样
    The light's quite different in Paris.
    我喜欢那一部分
    I love that part,
    塞纳河和巴黎圣母院
    the river and Notre Dame.
    你在那一定很快乐
    You must be happy there.
    我回去的时候 希望塞巴斯蒂安能跟我
    I'm hoping Sebastian will come and stay with me
    一起过去住
    when I go back.
    那真好 查尔斯
    That would have been lovely, Charles.
    我希望他能跟我去伦敦住
    I hope he will be coming to stay with me in London.
    你知道那不可能
    You know that's impossible.
    伦敦是最糟的地方
    London is the worst place.
    在那里 就连桑格拉斯先生也找不到他
    Even Mr. Samgrass couldn't find him there.
    这个家里没有秘密
    We have no secrets in this house.
    你知道吗 整个圣诞他都失踪了
    He was lost, you know, all through Christmas.
    桑格拉斯能找到他
    Mr. Samgrass only found him
    只是因为他付不起账单
    because he couldn't pay the bill where he was,
    他们把电话打到我们家来了
    so they had to telephone our house.
    太可怕了
    It's too horrible.
    不 去伦敦是不可能的
    No, London is impossible.
    如果他和我们在一起都不能好好表现
    If he can't behave himself here with us,
    我们就必需保证他
    we shall have to keep him
    在这里是健康 快乐的
    healthy and happy here for a while
    然后再次让他和桑格拉斯先生出国
    and then send him abroad again with Mr. Samgrass.
    你看 我以前就经历过这一切
    You see, I've been through all this before.
    我希望他今天玩得开心
    I hope he's having a good day.
    反驳的话就在嘴边
    The retort was there,
    没有说 但我们两个都很清楚
    unspoken, well understood by both of us:
    “你管不住你的丈夫 他逃走了
    "You couldn't keep your husband. He ran away.
    塞巴斯蒂安也会逃走 因为他们两个都恨你”
    So will Sebastian, because they both hate you."
    因此 我跟朱丽娅和马奇曼夫人
    Thus, with Julia and Lady Marchmain,
    (的谈话)陷入僵局
    I reached deadlock,
    不是因为我们都不能理解彼此
    not because we failed to understand one another
    而是因为我们都太了解了
    but because we understood too well.
    这个话题在家里无处不在
    The subject was everywhere in the house,
    就像船舱深处的一团火焰
    like a fire deep in the hold of a ship.
    我觉得… 作为参考
    I do think... as reference.

    Yes.
    妈咪 看看雷克斯的圣诞礼物
    Mummy, do look at Rex's Christmas present.
    你好 雷克斯
    Hello, Rex.
    —莫特兰先生 —你好 桑格拉斯先生
    -Mr. Mottram. -Hello, Samgrass.
    哎呀
    Dear me.
    我想知道 它是不是和普通乌龟
    I wonder if it eats the same kinds of things
    吃一样的东西
    as an ordinary tortoise.
    它要是死了 你要怎么办
    What will you do when it's dead?
    你能把另一只乌龟塞进这个壳里吗
    Can you have another tortoise fitted into the shell?
    这个略显骇人的话题
    This slightly obscene object
    成为了那晚难忘的部分
    became a memorable part of the evening,
    当大事处于紧要关头时
    one of those needle-hooks of experience
    这个细小的经历吸引了注意
    which catch the attention when larger matters are at stake
    就算忘却 也留在记忆里
    and remain in the mind when they are forgotten,
    因此 多年以后 就是一点镀金
    so that years later it is a bit of gilding
    或者一个特别的气味 或者时钟的嘀嗒音调
    or a certain smell or the tone of a clock ticking
    让人回想起当时的惨剧
    which recall one to a tragedy.
    我希望他是酗酒症
    I hope it's dipsomania.
    那只是不幸 我们都得帮他一起承受
    That's simply a great misfortune we must all help him bear.
    过去我总是害怕
    What I used to fear was that
    他随心所欲地
    he just got drunk deliberately
    故意喝醉
    when he liked and because he liked.
    但他从前正是这么做的
    But that's exactly what he did.
    我们都是这样的
    That's what we both did.
    他现在跟我在一起也是这样
    That's what he does with me now.
    如果你母亲相信我的话
    I can keep him to that
    我能让他的状态不会变得更差
    if only your mother would trust me.
    如果你们用监视和治疗的手段烦他
    If you worry him with keepers and cures,
    几年后 他的身体就会垮掉
    he'll be a physical wreck in a few years.
    身体垮掉
    There's nothing wrong
    没什么错 你知道吗
    in being a physical wreck, you know?
    没有道德义务
    There's no moral obligation
    去成为一个猎犬训练师 或者邮政部长
    to become a Master of Foxhounds or postmaster general
    或者80岁还能步行十英里
    or to live to walk ten miles at 80.
    “错”“道德义务”
    "Wrong," "moral obligation,"
    你又回到宗教上去了
    now you're back on religion.
    我从来没有离开宗教
    I never left it.
    你知道吗 布赖迪
    Do you know, Bridey,
    如果什么时候 我想成为天主教徒
    if ever I thought about becoming a Catholic,
    我只需要跟你聊五分钟
    I'd only have to talk to you for five minutes
    就会打消念头
    to be cured.
    你总能把
    You manage to reduce
    非常理智的提议变成
    what seem quite sensible propositions
    十足的胡扯
    to stark nonsense.
    你这么说真奇怪
    It's odd you should say that.
    之前 我也听别人这么说过
    I've heard it before from other people.
    这就是我觉得我不能成为
    It's one of the reasons why I don't think
    一个优秀神父的原因之一
    I should have made a good priest.
    我猜 是我思维方式的问题
    It's something in the way my mind works, I suppose.
    送他去苏黎世[瑞士城市]的博瑞瑟斯那里
    Send him to Borethus in Zurich.
    博瑞瑟斯就是你们要找的人
    Borethus is the man.
    在他的疗养院 每天都上演奇迹
    He performs miracles every day at that sanatorium of his.
    你们知道查理·基卡特尼过去是怎么喝酒的
    You know how Charlie Kilcartney used to drink.

    No.
    不 我恐怕不知道查理·基卡特尼是怎么喝酒的
    No, I'm afraid I don't know how Charlie Kilcartney drank.
    两任妻子都对他绝望了
    Two wives despaired of him.
    当他和西尔维娅订婚的时候
    When he got engaged to Sylvia,
    她的条件是 他要去苏黎世
    she made it a condition that he go to Zurich
    接受治疗 也奏效了
    and take the cure, and it worked.
    三个月后 他回来的时候 判若两人
    He came back three months later a different man,
    从那之后 他滴酒不沾
    and he hasn't touched a drop since,
    就算西尔维娅离开他之后也没有喝过
    even though Sylvia walked out on him.
    她为什么要离开他
    Why did she do that?

    Well...
    查理戒酒之后
    Charlie got to be a bit of a bore
    变得有点讨厌
    when he stopped drinking.
    但这不是故事的重点
    But that's not the point of the story.
    我想 确实不是
    No, I suppose, really,
    这是个鼓舞人心的故事
    it's meant to be an encouraging story.
    他也接收有性问题的人 你们知道吗
    He takes sex cases too, you know?
    哦 亲爱的 可怜的塞巴斯蒂安
    Oh, dear, what very peculiar friends
    会在苏黎世结交什么奇怪的朋友啊
    poor Sebastian will make in Zurich.
    要去他那里 得提前几个月预定
    He's booked up for months ahead,
    但我觉得 如果我开口 他可能会找到空房间的
    but I think he might find room if I asked him.
    我可以今晚从这里给他打电话
    I could telephone him from here tonight.

    0/0
      上一篇:故园风雨后(1981) 第一季 第五集 Part3 下一篇:故园风雨后(1981) 第一季 第五集 Part5

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程