Lesson 41 On strike
第41课 罢工
Sue:The protest-march didn't work!
苏:抗议示威不起作用.
Sandy:What can we do now,Sue?
桑迪:现在我们怎么办呢,苏?
Sue:Let's ask again.
苏:我们再去要要看.
Sue:Please give us a rise,dad.
苏:爸爸,请再给我们加点零用钱吧.
Sandy:Things are more expensive these days
桑迪:最近东西都比以前贵了.
Father:I'm sorry,children.
父亲:对不起,孩子.
Sue:But,dad!We're always broke.
苏:但是,爸爸,我们的钱总是一花就光了.
Other children receive more than we do.
别的孩子得到的零用钱比我们的要多.
Father:The answer is NO!
父亲:回答是"不行."
Sandy:What can we do now,Sue?
桑迪:现在我们怎么办呢,苏?
Sue:Don't worry,Sandy.
苏:别担心,桑迪.
Father:What's up with the children,Betty?
父亲:贝蒂,孩子们都怎么啦?
Mother:You won't give them more pocket-money
母亲:你不多给他们零用钱,
so they're both angry with you,Jim.
他们在生你的气呢,吉姆.
Father:Why aren't you doing your homework?
父亲:你们为什么不做功课?
Sue:Because we're on strike!
苏:因为我们在罢工.