Lesson 83
第八十三课
Something's burning!
什么东西烧着了
Father:You look tired,dear.
父亲:亲爱的,你看上去累了.
Mother:Yes.I had to iron these clothes.
母亲:是的.我必须把这些衣服烫好.
Mother:Here are your shirts,Jim.
母亲:吉姆,这是你的衬衣
Father:Thank you Betty Where's my new blue shirt?
父亲:谢谢,贝蒂.我新的蓝衬衫在哪儿?
Mother:I haven't ironed it yet.
母亲:还没烫好呢!
Father:Betty!Something's burning!Can you smell it?
父亲:贝蒂!什么东西烧着了你闻到了没有?
Mother:You're right.
母亲:对,是有东西烧着了.
Father:Look!The iron's still on!
父亲:看!烫斗还通着电呢!
Mother:I should have turned it off,but I forgot.
母亲:我应该把它拔掉的.但是我忘了.
I'll turn it off now
我现在去把它拔掉.
Father:Look at my nice blue shirt!
父亲:瞧我这件漂亮的蓝衬衫!
There's a big hole in it!
这上面烫了个大洞.
Mother:I'm sorry,Jim.Father:Never mind,dear
母亲:对不起,吉姆.父亲:没关系,亲爱的.