今天的这段对话,在讨论高中毕业后,
你高中毕业后干了什么?上了什么大学
来听今天的讲解:
A: do you mind if I sit here?
我坐这儿你不介意吧?
B: no, of course not. Go ahead.
不,当然不介意,坐吧.
A: don't I know you?
我该不会是认识你吧?
B: yes, now that you mention it, I think we had a chemistry class together in high school.
对了,说起来还真认识.我想我们高中时曾经在一起上过化学课.
A: you're right! How are you? It's been a long time!
没错!你好吗?那是很久以前的事了!
B: What did you do after high school?
你高中毕业后干了什么?
A: I went straight to university afterwards. What about you?
我直接上大学了.你呢?
B: I took a year off to go travelling.
我休学一年出去旅游了.
A: that sounds exciting. Where did you go?
听起来很有意思.你都去哪里了?
B: I went all over the world. It was the best year of my life. Where did you go to school?
我走遍了全球.那是我生命中最美好的一年.你去哪个学校了?
A: I went to a small school in Connecticut. It has a very good reputation for its languages department.
我去了康涅狄格州的一个小学校.那儿的语言学院名声很好.
B: Oh, did you study a foreign language?
你学的是外语吧?
A: yes, I got a grant to study Chinese.
对,我拿了奖学金学中文.
B: that's a very difficult language to learn, isn't it?
那是一门很难学的语言,对吧?
A: it is, but it's very rewarding.
是的,但是很值得一学.
B: so you can speak Chinese?
那你现在可以讲中文了?
A: I can, but not as well as I'd like to. I'll be studying Chinese until the day I die!
可以,但是我希望自己能说的更好些.对于中文,我会活到老学到老的.
B: I think most languages take a lifetime to learn well.
我觉得大多数语言要想掌握好都要花上一辈子的时间.