今天的这段对话,在讨论新职务,
你的新职务怎么样?副经理合格不了的问题出在哪儿
来听今天的讲解:
A: are you ready for the meeting?
你准备好开会了吗?
B: yes, come on in. how's your new job going?
准备好了,请进吧.你的新职务怎么样?
A: it's challenging, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
充满挑战,不过我很喜欢这种感觉.
B: that's great. I knew you'd do a good job as a manager.
那很好啊.我知道你当经理会做的很好的.
A: thanks a lot.
谢谢.
B: how's your assistant manager getting on?
你的副经理怎么样啊?
A: well, that's part of the problem. His probation period is up tomorrow and I don't think he's ready to pass.
嗯,这是个问题,到明天他试用期就满了,不过我觉得他合格不了.
B: what seems to be the problem?
问题出在哪儿呢?
A: well, he was supposed to be able to learn his job in 30 days, but he just doesn't seem to know what he's doing.
嗯,他应该在30天之内了解并熟悉他的工作内容,不过他似乎并不明白他该做些什么.
B: if you gave him another 30 days, do you think he could fihure it out by then?
如果你再给他30天的时间,你觉得他能弄清楚吗?
A: to be honest, he has no authority. He's a hard-worker, but no one listens to him.
老实说,他没有威信.他是个勤奋的工人,但是没人听他的.
B: I see. Not everyone is cut out to work in management.
我明白了.并不是每个人都能放在管理层工作.
A: I know. It'd be great if we could transfer him to a department where he doesn't have to work with people.
我知道,如果把他调到一个不用跟很多人一起共事的部门去,也许会很好.
B: there's an opening in the creative design department. It involves working with computers.
创意设计部有个职位空缺.只要整天与电脑为伴就行.
A: that's perfect. I'll let him know tomorrow. Thanks!
那太好了.我明天告诉他.谢谢!