今天的这段对话,在讨论请客,
在家请客晚上会有多少人来
来听今天的讲解:
A:hi, come on in. Can I take your coat?
嗨,进来.外套我帮你拿吧?
B: sure, thanks. I brought you a bottle of wine as well.
太好了,谢谢.你还给你带了瓶葡萄酒.
A: you're the first guest to arrive. I'll just put your coat away and then I'll get you something to drink.
你是第一个到的客人.我去给你放外套,然后给你弄点儿喝的.
B: should I take my shoes off?
我的拖鞋吧?
A: whatever you prefer.
你随意.
B: this is a very nice place. How long have you been living here now?
这房子很漂亮.你住在这里多长时间了?
A: just over three weeks. Would you like a drink?
在三周多.你想喝点儿什么吗?
B: sure, what do you have?
好啊,你这儿什么都有?
A: I've got white wine, red wine, gin and tonics, ginger ale, lemondade, orange juice, and sprite.
我这儿有白葡萄酒,红葡萄酒,金汤力,姜汁酒,柠檬水,橙汁和雪碧.
B: I'll have a glass of red wine please.
请给我一杯红酒.
A: one glass of red wine coming up!
一杯红酒来啦.
B: so how many people are coming for the dinner tonight?
今天晚上多少人来?
A: there's just going to be 6 of us tonight.
今晚一共只有咱们6个人.
B: oh, I thought there were going to be eight. who isn't coming?
哦,我原来以为会有8个,谁来不了?
A: Marcia and Paul called to cancel at the last moment. Paul was running late and Marcia wasn't feeling well.
玛西娅和保罗临时打电话来说来不了了.保罗是来不及了,玛西娅是身体不舒服.
B: that's too bad.They're such good company.
太糟糕了.他们都是很好的玩伴.
A: I think there's someone at the door.
我觉得好像有人到门口了.
B: excuse me while I go and get that.
不好意思,我离开一下去开门.