今天的这段对话,在谈论UFO,
你相信有UFO吗?你觉得我们以外的星球真的有生命体存在吗
来听今天的讲解:
A: do you believe in UFO's?
你相信有UFO吗?
B: sure. A UFO is just a space vehicle from another planet. If you think about it, our space shuttles are UFOs.
当然.UFO是外星人的一种空间旅行工具.如果你仔细想一想,咱们的宇宙飞船就是一种UFO.
A: I've never thought about it like that before.
我从来没有这么想过.
B: I've seen photos of UFOs in America before, but they've all looked doctored up.
我以前看到过UFO在美国出现的照片,不过那些照片看起来都像是经过处理的.
A: do you think that there's life on other planets?
你觉得我们以外的星球真的有生命体存在吗?
B: I think there must be.
我相信肯定有.
A: why is that?
为什么?
B: I don't't think it would make sense if we were the only beings in this whole world. The world is just far too big for that.
我觉得真个宇宙只有我们人类一种生命存在时不可能的.宇宙可是非常大的.
A: do you think that there's intelligent life trying to contact us?
那你觉得某些智能生物正试图跟我们取得联系吗?
B: no, but we're trying to contact them.
不是,而是我们正试图跟他们联系.
A: I suppose you're right.
我猜你说的对.
B: I think that countries are working hard to find a planet that we can live on in the future so that when global warming destroys this planet, humankind will not become extinct.
我认为很多国家都在努力研究,试图发现另一个适合人类居住的星球.只有这样当未来全球升温,地球毁灭后,人类才不会因此而灭绝.
A: do you really think that global warming wil destroy Earth some day?
你真的相信未来某一天地球会因为气候变暖而毁灭吗?
B: there's a lot of evidence that suggest it will, but I don't think it's going to happen any time soon.
有很多证据表明确实如此,不过我并不相信这一天会很快到来.