Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.content n. 内容
A: What are the contents of it?
甲:里面有些什么?
B: Seven hooks.
乙:七本书。
2.delivery n. 投递
A: Is it to Japan?
甲:是寄往日本的吗?
B: Yes, and I'd like to send it off special delivery.
乙:是的,而且我想以专递的方式寄出。
3.in clear letters 写清楚
A: Write the name and address in clear letters, please.
甲:请把名字和地址写清楚。
B: Thank you.
乙:谢谢。
4.insurance n. 保险.保险费
A: I'll have them insured for 100 dollars.
甲:我给它们保l00美元的险。
B: OK,then you'll have to pay 2 dollars for the insurance fee.
乙:好的,那样你得付2美元的保险费。
5.on the safe side 谨慎的,安全的,可靠的
A: I'm afraid the box is not strong enough.
甲:恐怕盒子不太结实。
B: Let's fasten it to be on the safe side.
乙:为了安全起见,我们还是用绳子绑一下吧。
6.oversize v. 超尺寸
A: Anything wrong?
甲:有什么事吗?
B: I'm afraid your parcel is a little bit oversized.
乙:恐怕您的包裹超尺寸了。
7.pawl arrival notice 包裹通知单
A: I gat a parcel arrival notice today. Can I collect it here?
甲:今天我收到了一份包裹通知单,能在这儿取吗?
B: Please show me the notice and some kind of your identification please.
乙:请出示您的通知单和有关身份证件。
8.receiver n. 收件人
A: I'm thinking of sending it to Paris by parcel post.
甲:我想把这包东西以包裹邮件的方式寄到巴黎。
B: Let me check... well, you'll have to put down both your name and the receiver's name.
乙:让我看一下……您得把您的名字和收件人的名字全都写在包裹上。
9.return address 回邮地址
A; You are supposed to put a return address on the package.
甲:你得在包裹上注明回邮地址。
B: OK.
乙:好的。
10.weight limit 重量限额
A: Please put it on the scales.
甲:请将它放到秤上
B: All right. By the way, is there a weight limit for mailing a pack age?。
乙:好的,顺便间一下,邮寄包裹有重量限额吗?
11.wrap v. 包扎,捆绑
A: Have it well wrapped,and then leave it with me.
甲:将它包好,留给我就行了。
B: All right.
乙:好的。
12.wrapping n. 包装用品
A: Yes, Sir?
甲:有什么事吗,夫人?
B: I wonder if you have gat any wrappings.
乙:我想买一些包装用品。