Situational Words and Phrases 情景词汇
1.airmail n. 航空信
A: What can I do for you, Sir?
甲:小姐,能为您效劳吗?
B: Yes, I want to send a letter airmail to Tokyo.
乙:是的,我想向东京寄一封航空信。
2.bulk n. 大宗,大批
A: Do you offer services of bulk mail and international letters?
甲:你们提供大宗邮件和国际信函服务项目吗?
B: Yes, we do.
乙:是的。
3.collect v. 收集
A: May I have the stamp,please? It's so nice?
甲:能把这张邮票给我吗?真别致!
B: Sure. You collect stamps?
乙:可以,你集邮吗?
4.collection n. 收集
A: Haw many collections are there in a day?
甲:一天内几次开箱收信?
B: Four, I think.
乙:四次吧。
5.commemorative a. 纪念的
A: Good morning. I'd like to buy some commemorative stamps.
甲:早上好。我想买几张纪念邮票。
B: Good morning. Haw many would you like?
乙:早上好。请问您要买几张?
6.dispatch v. 派遗,发送
A: Has the first mail been dispatched?
甲:头班邮件已经发出了吗?
B: Not yet.
乙:还没有。
7.domestic a. 国内的
A: Is this international airmail?
甲:这是国际航空信件吗?
B: No, it's domestic.
乙:不,是国内的。
8.enclose v. 封入
A: Is there anything enclosed in the letter?
甲:信里夹带有其他东西吗?
B: Yes, just a couple of photos.
乙:几张照片。
9.envelope n. 倍封
A: Two envelopes, please.
甲:我买二个信封。
B: Twenty cents. Here you are.
乙:二十美分。给您。
10.express mall 快件
A: How fast is it by express mail?
甲:寄快件有多快?
B: Usually it takes three days.
乙:通常三天就能到。
11.face value 面值
A: We've got stamps with different face values. Which kind do you want?
甲:我们有各种不同面值的邮票。你要哪一种?
B: I'd like to buy five eighty-cent stamps.
乙:我想买五张80美分的邮票。
12.first day cover 首日封
A: I'd like to have a look at your first day corers.
甲:我想看一下你们的首日封。
B: OK. Here you are.
乙:给你。
13.first post 第一班邮件
A: When is the first post going out?
甲:第一班邮件什么时候发出?
B: Sorry, I have no idea.
乙:对不起,我不知道。
14.insure v. 保险
A: Shall I insure the letter?
甲:这封信需要保险吗?
B: I suggest you do.
乙:我看有必要。
15.mailbox n.邮筒
A: Where can I mail my letter?
甲:请问我该到哪儿邮信?
B: At the mailbox right in front of the office.
乙:邮局前面有一个邮筒,在那儿就可以。
16.overweight a. 超重的
A : I'm sorry the Letter is a bit overweight.
甲:对不起,信件有点超重了。
B: How much do I have to pay for it?
乙:我还要付多少钱?
17.paste v. 粘,贴
A: What else?
甲:还要做什么吗?
B: Nothing much. Just paste if on the envelope.
乙:没什么了。再把它粘到信封上就可以了。
18.postman n. 邮递员
A: At what time does the postman pick up the mail?
甲:邮递员什么时候来取邮件?
B: I haven't the faintest idea.
乙:我一点也不知道。
19.proof n. 证明
A: Here's the receipt. It's a proof that your letter has been mailed.
甲:这是收据,它能证明你的信已被邮走。
B: Thank you. Is that all?
乙:谢谢,一切手续都完了吗?
20.seal v. 封口
A: Please seal the envelope and stick a 3 dollars' worth stamp on it.
甲:请将信封封口,再在上面贴一张3美元面值的邮票。
B: All right.
乙:好的。
21.stationery n. 文具(尤指)倍纸
A: What are you looking for?
甲:你在找什么?
B: Stationery. I want to write home.
乙:找信纸。我想向家里写封信。
22.surcharge n. 附加费, v. 对……收取附加费
A: I'm of raid you'll have to pay extra.
甲:恐怕您得付超重费。
B: Well, what's the surcharge?
乙:超重费多少钱?
23.surface mall/regular mail 普通邮件,平邮
A: How long does it take to go surface mail from mere to Toronto?
甲:从这儿到多伦多的普通邮件需要多长时间?
B: One week at the most.
乙:至多一周。
24.valuable adj. 有价值的,贵重的
A: There is something valuable in the fetter.
甲:信内有贵重物品。
B: In that case,you'd better send it by registered airmail.
乙:如果这样,您最好是挂号航空邮寄。