The, um, Skambian champagne risotto, please. - Excellent choice, excellent. - Skambian香槟 烩饭 谢谢- 绝妙的选择 太妙了
He didn't say that to me Did he not like my choice? 他没夸我 觉得我选的不好?
Your choice was excellent. 你选的棒极了
Who is he? 是谁?
Hotels don't give gifts like that, do they? Who is he? 酒店可不送这样的礼物 那男人是谁?
He's someone they used to be very important to me - Used to? - 是曾经对我很重要的人- 曾经?
Are you meeting him in Venice? 你要在威尼斯见他吗?
I hope so. 希望如此
Part of me hopes I don't - Why? - 也希望不是- 为什么?
Because I don't like being told what to do. I don't like being "summoned". 因为我不喜欢被人指挥 不喜欢被"召唤"
But it felt even worse not hearing from him for two years. 但两年没他的消息感觉更糟
It's the Roman god, Janus. 这是罗马的杰纳斯神
My mother gave it to me when I was little. 很小的时候妈妈给我的
She wanted it to teach me that people have two sides; a good side, a bad side... 她告诉我人都有两面 好的和坏的...
Past and future 过去和未来
And that we must embrace both in someone we love. 爱一个人就要接受他的全部
And I tried... 我试过了...
What's he like? 他是什么样的人?
He's... different from anybody I know. 他...是我所遇到最与众不同的人
Different's good. 与众不同是好事
Where I come from the highest compliment... that you can offer a person... 在我们那儿 对人最高的赞美...
Is to say that they're down to earth... Grounded. 就是脚踏实地...普通
I hate it. Drives me nutso. 我讨厌这样 简直要抓狂
Would you like another Americano? 您还要加美式咖啡吗?
I don't know, would I? 不知道 要吗?
It really was a very nice restaurant, wasn't it? Oh. Very nice wine. 这真是个不错的餐厅 对吧? 不错的酒
I'm making us a nice little drink. Which is very nice of me, isn't it? 我调了点不错的饮料 我很不错吧?
Thank you 谢谢
Were those flowers here when we checked in? 我们来的时候有这些花吗?
It is an invitation to a Ball, two nights from now. 是后天的舞会邀请函
You've been "summoned" 你被"召唤"了
It appears I have. 可不是嘛
May I pay you a compliment? 我能赞美你一句吗?
Another question you need never ask. 又是个不该问的问句
You are the least down to earth person I've ever met. 你是我所见过的最不普通的人
It's been a long day. I do hope the couch will be comfortable. 今天累坏了 希望沙发睡得舒服
Good night 晚安
Sorry, sir. Good morning. 打扰了 先生 早上好
My name is Guido, your waiter. 我叫Guido 为您服务
I'm Frank. What's this? 我叫Frank 这是什么?
It's your breakfast, sir. 您的早餐 先生
I didn't order any. - The lady ordered it for you, when she left - 我没点- 女士离开时 为您点的
When she left? 离开时?
Have a nice day, sir. 祝您愉快 先生