英语应该这样说:情景口语话题荟萃 Chapter 34 What Sports Do You Like
  • 00:00/00:00
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释

    What sports do you like?
    你喜欢什么运动?


    David:Do many people in your company do exercise?你们公司锻炼的人多吗?

    You:Yes. Many young, single people with desk jobs, like me, join sports clubs for exercise on the weekends. 很多年轻人都进行锻炼。坐办公室的单身一族们,像我,周末都会到健身俱乐部去锻炼。

    David:What kind of sports? 玩什么?

    You:排球、篮球,如果经济宽裕的话就打高尔夫。

    David:People who have more money can afford golf. Other sports like volleyball are a good model for teamwork. It is good to do with coworkers.经济宽裕的人才打得起高尔夫。其它的运动——像排球——就很适合集体活动,和同事们一起玩很有趣。

    You:I think I’ll try volleyball sometime. Playing sports is very social. Nowadays, in modern life, people spend more and more time on their own, so sports are a good way to socialize. What kinds of sports do you like? 我有时也想试试打排球,有利于社交嘛。人们现在独处的时间好像越来越多了,做些运动是应该有利于社交的。你喜欢什么运动?

    David:Mostly soccer, or football, I play in a team. 足球,我参加了一个足球队。

    You:你是队长吗?Are you the captain of the team?

    David:No, I am just a player. I’m too old to be the captain. 不,只是个队员。我太老了,不能当队长了。

    You:你在队里是什么角色?What role do you play on the team?

    David:You mean what position you play. “What role” is more like “what role did you play in the theater?” 应该说“你踢什么位置”。“什么角色”更多是用在“你在剧中扮演什么角色”这样的句子里。

    You:那你踢什么位置?So what’s your position?

    David:I play forward, striker.我踢前锋。

    You:So you mainly play on the other side’s turf trying to score goals.
    on the other side’s turf:“on someone’s turf”直译为“在他们控制或掌管的草地上”,喻意是“在某人的地盘上”。 那你主要在对方的半场活动,射门。

    David:Something like that.差不多吧。

    0/0
      上一篇:英语应该这样说:情景口语话题荟萃 Chapter 33 Volleyball—A Team Sport 下一篇:英语应该这样说:情景口语话题荟萃 Chapter 35 My New Holiday Plan

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程