借火来搭讪
教程:新词热词  浏览:463  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
      现在几乎所有的公共场所,像办公室,饭馆儿,都是禁烟的,所以想抽烟的朋友们只能去户外。而一个适用于他们的搭讪方式也诞生了,就叫做smirting(借火搭讪)。

      Feifei: Why are you looking so happy Diarmuid?

      菲菲:迪尔米德,为什么你看上去那么开心?

      Diarmuid: Well, earlier today, I was outside on my telephone, when a lady asked me for a lighter. I think she might have been trying to smirt with me.

      迪尔米德:嗯,今天早晨我在外面打电话,一位女士过来问我借打火机。我觉得她是想要“借火搭讪”。

      Feifei: Smirt?

      菲菲:借火搭讪?

      Diarmuid: Yes, smirt, S.M.I.R.T, smirt. Now smirt is a slang word to describe flirting with another person when you are smoking.

      迪尔米德:是的,借火搭讪。现在这是个俚语,指的是在吸烟的时候和某人调情。

      Feifei: It sounds like smoking and flirting have been joined together to make the word smirting.

      菲菲:听上去是吸烟和调情这两个词加在一起构成了这个词。

      Diarmuid: Exactly, that is how the word smirting is created.

      迪尔米德:确实是,这就是这个词的构成。

      Diarmuid: But I didn't have a lighter, because I don't smoke, so that was the end of the conversation.

      迪尔米德:但是我没有打火机,因为我不吸烟,所以就不了了之。

      Feifei: Was she pretty?

      菲菲:她可爱吗?

      Diarmuid: She was very pretty.

      迪尔米德:她非常可爱。

      Feifei: Oh well. She'll probably be there tomorrow if you want to talk to her again.

      菲菲:好吧,如果你还想和她搭讪,明天可能她还会在那里呢。

      What do people usually say when they are smirting?

      菲菲:以借火搭讪的时候会说什么呢?

      Diarmuid: It depends. Here is an example of some people smirting:

      迪尔米德:这得看情况。下面是一些人以借火和某人搭讪的实例:

      ***

      Example

      A: Hi, could I borrow your lighter?

      嗨,我能借用一下你的打火机吗?

      B: Sure.

      当然。

      A: Thanks. Are you new here?

      谢谢,你是新来的吗?

      B: Yeah, I just started in the IT department.

      是的,我刚来,在IT部门。

      A: Oh great, I work in the office right next to you.

      哦,很好,我就在你旁边的办公室里工作。

      B: I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other.

      我想我们会经常见面的。

      ***

      Feifei: All this talk of smirting is making me feel a little lonely.

      菲菲:不知道我什么时候才能遇到梦中的白马王子呀!

      Diarmuid: You do know that smoking is bad for you and that there are healthier ways to meet a nice guy than to smirt.

      迪尔米德:你一定知道吸烟对你有害,除了借火搭讪这种方法,还有很多好的方法去认识不错的人。

    0/0
      上一篇:反腐纪录片《永远在路上》热播 下一篇:美国人的“大选焦虑”

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)