阿图罗:你在听什么?
Ling: Some new music. You want to hear it?
凌:新音乐。你想听吗?
Arturo: All right. That’s pretty mellow, kinda bluesy,isn’t it? It’s got an interesting indie feel.
阿图罗:好啊。很柔和,有点蓝调色彩,对不对?给人一种有趣的异样感觉。
Ling: Do you like it?
凌:喜欢吗?
Arturo: It’s all right. I like more funky, dance music myself, but this is okay. It’s not toodepressing.
阿图罗:还可以吧。我更喜欢新式的舞曲之类,但这个也挺好,没让我太失望。
Ling: That’s faint praise.
凌:让你称赞一下可真难。
Arturo: No, no, I do like it. I guess I’m usually in the mood for more up-tempo music,something with a driving beat. I’m a hard-core MC-Quillan fan, if that’s any indication.
阿图罗:不,不,我真喜欢它。我平时更喜欢一些快节奏的音乐,节拍强劲的那种。我是MC-Quillan的死忠粉丝。
Ling: Oh, I see, so you don’t really like acoustic music much.
凌:哦,我明白了,所以你不大喜欢古典声学音乐。
Arturo: It’s just not my thing, you know?
阿图罗:古典声学音乐不适合我,明白吗?
Ling: Yeah, that’s too bad.
凌:啊,太糟了。
Arturo: Why?
阿图罗:为什么?
Ling: That was a track I recorded last week.
凌:这是我上周录的。
Arturo: This is your music? In that case, I love it.
阿图罗:这是你的音乐?如果是你的音乐,我喜欢它。
Ling: You’re just saying that.
凌:你刚才还说不喜欢。
Arturo: No, really, it’s growing on me. In fact, I want to hear more. How about if I bring oversome dinner on Saturday and you can play me a few more tracks?
阿图罗:不,真的,我喜欢上这个了。事实上,我希望能听到更多。我周六请你吃饭,你给我多播放些这种音乐,好吗?
Ling: You don’t mind?
凌:你不烦吗?
Arturo: Believe me, I’ll be all ears.
阿图罗:相信我,我将全神贯注地听。