参考译文
Rene:Why are you sitting here just staring into space?
莱尼:怎么坐在这里发呆呢?
Francis:I'm pondering life.
弗朗西斯:我在思考人生。
Rene:That sounds profound.
莱尼:听起来够深奥的。
Francis:I'm examining my life from a metaphysical standpoint. I'm not sure I really exist.Maybe my entire life is an illusion and there's no such thing as reality.
弗朗西斯:我在从形而上学的角度来思量自己的人生。我不确定自己是否真实存在。也许我的人生就是一场幻象,而且根本不存在所谓的现实。
Rene:Okay. Are you sure you're feeling all right?
莱尼:好吧。你确定你没事吗?
Francis:I'm better now that I've made some decisions about my epistemological outlook on life.I'm allowing reason and logic to guide me.
弗朗西斯:我很好的, 对于人生观的认识我做了一些决定。我要让理性和逻辑来指引我前行。
Rene:That's great, but you still seem a little distracted.
莱尼:太好了,但你看起来似乎仍然有点心烦意乱。
Francis:That's because I'm wrestling with some major questions about ethics and morality.
弗朗西斯:那是因为我正在纠结一些关于伦理及道德的问题。
It's not easy always trying to do the right thing.
总是正确可并非易事。
Rene:I can understand that, but could you get me…?
莱尼:我能理解,但是你能说几句吗?
Francis:But then I think that perhaps the only thing that matters in life are esthetics, and I should devote my life to creating beauty.
弗朗西斯:但我想,也许在生活中唯一重要的是美学,我应该致力于创造美。
Rene:That's a nice idea, but have you given any thought to how you'd pay the rent?You could start by getting me a cup of coffee.
莱尼:这是个好主意,但是你有没有考虑过拿什么付房租?你可以先给我来一杯咖啡然后再聊这个。
Francis:Ah, I see you're a realist.Do you want your usual or do you want to hear the specials?
弗朗西斯:哦,我看得出你是一位现实主义者。你是想一生这样平淡无奇还是想听点特别的?
听力原文
Rene: Why are you sitting here just staring into space?
Francis: I’m pondering life.
Rene: That sounds profound.
Francis: I’m examining my life from a metaphysical standpoint. I’m not sure I really exist. Maybe my entire life is an illusion and there’s no such thing as reality.
Rene: Okay. Are you sure you’re feeling all right?
Francis: I’m better now that I’ve made some decisions about my epistemological outlook on life. I’m allowing reason and logic to guide me.
Rene: That’s great, but you still seem a little distracted.
Francis: That’s because I’m wrestling with some major questions about ethics and morality. It’s not easy always trying to do the right thing.
Rene: I can understand that, but could you get me…?
Francis: But then I think that perhaps the only thing that matters in life are esthetics, and I should devote my life to creating beauty.
Rene: That’s a nice idea, but have you given any thought to how you’d pay the rent? You could start by getting me a cup of coffee.
Francis: Ah, I see you’re a realist. Do you want your usual or do you want to hear the specials?