新世纪走遍美国 第30集 继续生活
教程:新世纪走遍美国(视频)  浏览:2848  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    纵横美国 EPISODE 30 Life Goes On 继续生活

    U30-01

    I'll get it.

    我去开。

    'Dear Rebecca and Kevin. We are very sorry to hear of your father's passing. If there's anything we can do, please let us know. We have made a donation to the American Heart Association in memory of your father. You are in our prayers. With warm wishes, the O'Neils.'

    “亲爱的丽贝卡和凯文。我们很难过听说你父亲的去世。如果我们可以做什么,请让我们知道。我们已经为美国心脏协会捐了款,以纪念你父亲。我们为你们祈祷。热情而良好的祝愿,奥尼尔全家。”

    It's probably better than sending flowers. A donation will do some good.

    这也许比送花好。捐款更好些。

    That was Mrs. Peterson. She dropped this casserole off for us.

    是皮特森太太。她留下这沙拉给我们。

    That was very nice of her. She's always been a considerate neighbor... You might as well put that in the fridge.

    她真好。她一直是个有心的邻居 … 你也许该把它放在冰箱里。

    I'm going to change.

    我去换衣服。

    Kevin, do you want to look at some of these cards?

    凯文,你想看看这些卡吗?

    I feel so sorry for Kevin. Is he always this quiet?

    我为凯文感到难过。他总是这么安静吗?

    No, he's usually talkative, so enthusiastic...

    不,通常他健谈,而且踊跃…

    He hardly knew his mother... and now his father's gone... It's hard to lose both parents when you're so young.

    他几乎不知道他母亲…现在父亲又走了…当你很年轻时,失去双亲是件很难受的事。

    How old is Kevin?

    凯文多大?

    Almost eighteen.

    差不多18。

    Does he know what he's gonna do?

    他知道他将要做什么吗?

    I don't think he has a clue. He doesn't like to plan very much.

    我认为他不知道,他不喜欢计划太多。

    Well, what about you? You're going back to school, aren't you?

    是啊,那么你呢?你要回学校,不是吗?

    Well, I'd... like to, but I feel responsible for Kevin. I can't leave him here alone... and we have a lot of bills to pay... Oh, this note is from my godmother. I was staying with her in San Francisco. I'll have to let her know soon whether or not I'll be back.

    当然,我想…但是我觉得我对凯文负有责任。我不能把他一个人留在这里 … 我们还有很多帐单要付…噢,这信是我教母寄来的。我在旧金山和她住一起。我得尽快让她知道我是否回去。

    Honey, we should talk about how we can help.

    亲爱的,我们应该谈谈我们应如何帮你。

    Oh, you've already been helpful, Uncle Brendan.

    噢,你们已经帮了不少忙,布莱登叔叔。

    I feel bad that Patrick and I didn't come to a reconciliation sooner.

    我感觉很糟,帕特里克和我没有早些重新和解。

    It's been so good to have you here. I don't know how I would have gotten through all of this without you.

    有你们在这真是太好了。我不知道没有你们在,我将怎么应付这一切。

    Well, you must be exhausted. Now, is there anything else we can do before we go back to the hotel?

    行了,你一定筋疲力尽了。现在,在我们回旅馆前,还有什么我们可以做的?

    No, but thanks for asking.

    没有,谢谢你问我。

    Well, we'll talk tomorrow.

    好吧,我们明天再谈。

    I'll call you in the morning.

    我早上给你打电话。

    U30-02

    This mural is new, isn't it? Wow, this neighborhood sure is changing.

    这壁画是新的,是不是?唔,邻里肯定正在变化。

    Yeah...

    是的…

    Key, you've been so quiet. Are you all right? You miss Dad, don't you?

    凯,你一直很静。你好吗?你想爸爸,是不是?

    I don't know. It just doesn't feel real, yet. It's like... it's like he just went away for the weekend.

    我不知道。这不像是真的。就像…就像他出门度周末。

    Yeah?- but he's not coming back.

    是啊…但他不会回来了。

    No kidding... What would I do without a big sister to tell me everything?

    别开玩笑…没有大姐姐告诉我每件事该怎么做,我该怎么办?

    Sorry. Have you thought about what you're gonna do?

    对不起。你考虑过要干什么吗?

    Sure. First, I'm gonna become a millionaire... Then I'm getting...

    当然。第一,我要成为百万富翁…之后我将…

    I'm serious... We both have to decide what we're gonna do.

    我是认真的…我们两人都要决定我们打算做什么。

    You know what you're gonna do... You're going back to college in California... Aren't you?

    你知道你要做什么…你要回加利弗尼亚的学校,不是吗?

    I'm not sure. I can't leave you here alone.

    我不能肯定。我不能把你一个人留在这里。

    Here we go again... Big sister butts in... Why not? Remember, I'm almost eighteen. I have a job, an apartment...

    又来了…大姐姐又来干涉了…为什么不?记得吗,我马上18岁了。我有个工作,一个公寓…

    Can you afford the rent on the apartment?

    你能付得起公寓的租金吗?

    I don't know... How much is it?

    我不知道…租金多少钱?

    I'm hardworking. I'll get a second job if I have to. You should go back to SanFrancisco.

    我工作努力。如果不得已,我将做第二份工作。你应该回旧金山。

    I don't know if I can right now.

    我不知道我现在能不能。

    Why not? Because of me?

    为什么不?因为我?

    Because of a lot of things. Dad said he wanted you to go to college... get a degree.

    因为很多事情。爸爸他希望你进大学…拿学位。

    Maybe I don't want to go to college. I just got out of school. Anyway, how can we afford it?

    也许我不想进大学。我刚刚走出学校。不管怎样,我们怎么能负担呢?

    Kevin! You have to get an education so that you can make a living. Don't let the cost stop you. We'll get you a student loan or financial aid, or something.

    凯文!你必须接受教育,这样你才能生存。别让花费阻止你。我们会给你拿到学生贷款或财政资助,或其他什么。

    Beck, go back to San Francisco. You don't have to take care of me anymore. I'm not a baby, and you're not my mother.

    贝卡,回旧金山。你不需要再照顾我。我不是孩子,你不是我妈。

    I know you're not a baby, but you're my brother. And you're the only real family I have right now. Could I persuade you to come back to San Francisco with me?

    我知道你不是孩子,但你是我弟弟。你是我现在唯一真正的家人。我能说服你和我一起回旧金山吗?

    Get serious! Why the hell would I do that?

    认真的?为什么我要这么做?

    I am serious! We both have to figure out what we're gonna do... together... and soon... Let's get a pizza... We'll take it home. We'll write down all our options and decide then. What do you say?

    我认真的!我们都必须弄明白我们要做什么…一起…很快…去吃比萨吧…我们带回家。我们写下所有的可行性,然后决定。你说怎样?

    I suppose so...

    我想就这样吧…

    U30-03

    How much do the bills add up to?

    加起来有多少帐单?

    I don't know yet. Not all the doctor and hospital bills are covered by the HMO... And the funeral alone cost four thousand.

    我还不知道。医疗健康组织不偿付全部的医院帐单…葬礼一项花费4千美元。

    It cost how much... ? Four thousand dollars?

    花了多少?…4千美元?

    You know you're supposed to get some money from Dad's disability policy... because you're under eighteen.

    你知道你应该从爸爸的残疾单中得到一部分钱…因为你不到18岁。

    That's good, but I won't be seventeen for long. How much is in the savings account?

    那当然好,但是我很快就不是17岁了。银行储蓄帐户上有多少钱?

    Not much... just a few hundred dollars.

    不多…只有几百美元。

    What about his insurance policy?

    他的保险单如何?

    What insurance?

    什么保险?

    I don't know. He used to talk about his insurance. I guess he had some insurance policy.

    我不知道。他谈到过他的保险。我猜想他有些保险。

    He never mentioned it to me. I don't think he liked to talk about things like that. Where would it be?

    他从没和我说过。我想他不喜欢谈论类似的事情。保险单会在哪?

    In his room?

    在他房里?

    It makes me sad to come in here.

    走进这房间让我伤心。

    These shirts must be twenty years old.

    这些衬衣一定有20年了。

    Maybe that's what he meant when he said 'waste not, want not' ... We could give some things to the Salvation Army.

    也许这就是他说的“勿浪费,勿奢侈”… 我们可以把一些东西给救世军。

    Look at this...

    看看这个…

    Open it...

    打开它…

    Some papers... a photo... our cousins in Ireland. Someday I'd like to go to Ireland.

    一些文件…一张照片…我们在爱尔兰的堂兄妹。总有一天我想去爱尔兰。

    They look like you, don't they? Everyone says I looked like Mom's side of the family.

    他们看上去象你,不是吗?每个人都说我象妈妈家的人。

    0/0
      上一篇:新世纪走遍美国 第29集 悲伤 下一篇:新世纪走遍美国 第32集 保险箱的回忆

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程