2分钟英语课堂:讨论时事或新闻 Discussing Current Affairs or Talking about the news
教程:2分钟英语  浏览:3320  
  • 提示:点击文章中的单词,就可以看到词义解释
    Introduction

    简介

    In this lesson we will discuss current affairs or what’s happening in the world right now.

    本节课我们将学习讨论时事和世界上发生的事情

    What’s on the News

    新闻在说什么

    Jack: Hey Sam, did you check out what happened in Connecticut recently?

    杰克:嘿,山姆,你关注康涅狄格州发生什么事了吗?

    Sam: No Jack. I’ve been busy. I couldn’t keep track of the news.

    山姆:杰克,我没有,我一直很忙。我不能一直关注这新闻。

    Jack: Oh, but you must’ve heard about the shootout in Newtown last month. Pres Obama is taking some solid steps to reduce gun violence.

    杰克:哦,但你一定听说上个月在新城发生的枪击事件了。奥巴马总统要对减少枪支事件采取措施了。

    Sam: I’m glad our government is getting serious about that. Lunatics shouldn’t be allowed to buy guns!

    山姆:我们的政府开始重视这件事我很高兴,不应该允许疯子买枪支的。

    Financial News

    经济新闻

    Sam: It’s been a long time since I watched the news. Do you know what’s happening on the NASDAQ?

    山姆:离上次看新闻很长时间了,你知道最近纳斯达克(美国全国证券交易商协会自动报价系统)有什么新闻吗?

    Jenny: Well, you should keep yourself updated Sam. You have a lot of money in the stocks.

    珍妮:好吧,山姆你要让自己紧跟局势好吗?你在股票上套了好多钱呢。

    Sam: You’re right. I know I do. But I’ve been very busy lately.

    山姆:你说的对,我知道,但是我最近很忙。

    Jenny: Well, there’s some good news for you. I know you put money in Citibank, and today’s bulletin says it’s up by 5%.

    珍妮:对你来说,有一些好消息。我知道你把钱投在了Citi银行,今天它上涨了5%。

    Sam: That’s great news Jenny! I think I will sell those shares and exit Citibank.

    山姆:这真是一个好消息,珍妮!我觉得我要把这些股票卖掉退出Citi银行。

    On the news

    新闻

    Jack: Hey Sam, let me tell you something good I saw on the news tonight.

    杰克:嘿,山姆。我告诉你一些我今晚看新闻时看到的好消息吧?

    Sam: Something good on the news? That’s a change! What is it?

    山姆:新闻里的好消息?有变化啊!什么事?

    Jack: Well, I heard that Polio is eradicated from the world. I think there are only a handful of new cases.

    杰克:这样的,我听说现在可以根除小儿麻痹症了。我想应该只有极少部分新病例。

    Sam: Yeah, I heard that! It’s an incredible thing. I think we should all thank Bill Gates.

    山姆:是的,我听说了。这件事太不可思议了。我局的我们都应该感谢比尔盖茨。

    Jack : Bill Gates? What for?

    杰克:比尔盖茨?为什么?

    Sam : Well, I saw on the news that it was him who financed most of the polio vaccination drive in the world from his own fortune.

    山姆:这样的,我看新闻上说他资助了世界上大多数小儿麻痹症疫苗接种的的人。

    Jack : That’s an amazing thing Sam. I didn’t know that!

    杰克:这件事太不可思议了,山姆。我以前不知道。

    Discussing a documentary

    讨论纪录片

    Jenny: Jack, turn on the TV and go to CNN.

    珍妮:杰克,打开电视到CNN频道。

    Jack: Why? Is there something important going on?

    杰克:为什么?有什么重要的事吗?

    Jenny: Well nothing new, but there’s a documentary on Japan’s earthquake which talks about how the old people there volunteered to work in radioactive areas.

    珍妮:没什么新鲜的。但是有一个日本地震的纪录片讲老人支援去辐射区做志愿者。

    Jack: Really? They came up on their own to work on containing the leak?

    杰克:真的吗?自己主动来负责清理泄露吗?

    Jenny: Yes. They helped contain it, and they checked the entire system while exposing themselves to radiation so that the young people don’t have to.

    珍妮:他们帮助清理这个,他们把自己暴露在辐射区去检查整个系统,这样年轻人就不用去了。

    Jack: That’s amazing Jenny. Maybe that’s why Japan has done well.

    杰克:太不可思议了,珍妮。难怪日本发展那么好。

    Jenny: You are right, Jack. When people put the country’s interest before their own, progress is fast.

    这你:你说的对,杰克。当人们把国家利益放在个人利益之前时,国家发展会很快。

    Jack: Yep! I just hope those guys are okay.

    杰克:是的,我只希望这些人平安。

    Jenny : Me too Jack.

    珍妮:我也是,杰克。

    0/0
      上一篇:2分钟英语课堂:形容人的外貌 Describing people in english 下一篇:2分钟英语课堂:生病了 When You Get Sick

      本周热门

      受欢迎的教程

      下载听力课堂手机客户端
      随时随地练听力!(可离线学英语)