获奖
Camil Figgins : May I come in, Sir?
Camil Figgins:老师,我能进来吗
Mr. Shuster : Yes. Come in Ms Figgins. Have a seat.
Mr. Shuster:请进。请坐
Camil Figgins : Thank you.
Camil Figgins 谢谢
Mr. Shuster : You’ve received an award in the inter-school poetry competition. Congratulations!
Mr. Shuster 你在校际诗歌比赛中得奖了!祝贺祝贺!
Camil Figgins : Thank you Principal Schuster.
Camil Figgins 谢谢校长
Mr. Shuster : There’s a cash prize and a trophy for you.
Mr. Shuster 这是你的奖金和奖杯
Camil Figgins : Thank you so much!
Camil Figgins 非常感谢
Mr. Shuster : I want to give you the prize in front of your class. I’ll come to your class sometime today.
Mr. Shuster 我打算在你班同学面前为你颁奖。一会我就到你们班去。
Camil Figgins : Okay, Sir.
Camil Figgins 好的,校长
Mr. Shuster : Alright then. Keep up the good work, Ms Figgins.
Mr. Shuster 恩,好。继续努力
Camil Figgins : Thanks, Sir. I will.
Camil Figgins 谢谢校长,我会的
Getting Detention.
Mrs. Dursley : Come in Mr. Drake.
德思礼:德雷克 请进。
Drake : Good evening ma’am.
德雷克:晚上好,
Mrs. Dursley : (Pretend to read a piece of paper) This note here says that you were caught throwing chalk pieces at a classmate.
德思礼:(假装阅读报纸)这个纸条上写着你向班里的同学扔粉笔头
Drake : I’m sorry ma’am… Actually the entire class was doing it. The teacher walked in and saw just me.
德雷克:对不起,老师。实际上班里的每个人都这干。老师走进来后,我被老师逮住了
Mrs. Dursley : That’s no excuse Mr Drake. You know that this kind of behavior is not tolerated in this institution.
德思礼:不要狡辩。你知道在这种情况下,你这样的情况是无法容忍的。
Drake : I am sorry Mrs. Dursley. It won’t happen again.
德雷克:对不起。我以后再也不会了
Mrs. Dursley : It’d better not… But just to help you strengthen your resolve, I would like you to stay back for an hour after school in the detention room for this entire week.
德思礼:最好是这样。但是为了显示你的决心,我要你本周在放学后在拘留室里站一个小时
Drake : (slightly upset) For the entire week? But it’s only Monday today.
德雷克:整周?今天才是周一!
Mrs. Dursley : Right Mr Drake. Just to help you remember. Now you are dismissed, please go back to your class.
德思礼:是的,德雷克。只是为了让你记住。现在你没事了,回教室吧
Asking for Scholarship.
要求奖学金
Garry : May I come in, Sir?
盖里:我能进来吗
Principal : Yes sure. What can I do for you?
校长:进吧,什么事
Garry : Sir, may I get an application form for the scholarship you announced yesterday?
盖里:校长,我可以拿一张您昨天说的奖学金申请表格吗
Principal : We haven’t received them from the office yet. Check back after 3 days.
校长:现在我们还没有收到办公室那边发来的表格。3天后再来看看吧
Garry : But my folks are going to Vancouver in 2 days and I have to go with them.
盖里:但是我们家两天后要去温哥华了,我必须和他们一起走。
Principal : In that case try getting them from the education board office.
校长:那样的话,试试从教育部直接拿表格
Garry : Alright, I will try that.
盖里:恩,我试试
A New Student on Admission.
新生报到
Student : May I come in, Sir?
学生:我可以进来吗
Principal : Yes. Come in. What can I do for you?
校长:请进。什么事呢
Student : Sir, I want to get admission in this school.
学生:我想在申请入学申请
Principal : Okay, what’s your name?
校长:你的名字?
Student : My name is John Richardson.
学生:我叫约翰·理查逊
Principal : Why do you want to get admission here?
校长:你为什么想申请这所学校
Student : My dad’s been transferred to this town, and this school is right near my new house.
学生:我爸爸搬到这座城市了,贵校正好离我新家很近
Princip : What does your father do?
校长:你父亲是做什么的
Student : He’s a police officer.
学生:他是警察
Principal : Which school were you in earlier?
校长:你之前在哪所学校
Student : DeWitt High School.
学生DeWitt高中
Principal : Alright, which grade do you want the admission for?
校长:好的,你申请几年级
Student : I am in Junior school.
学生,初一
Principal : Okay. Get the form from the front-office and submit it along with the documents required. The school will get in touch.
校长:好的,从前台办公室拿表格,和要求材料一块交上来。学校到时候会联系你。