你有兄弟姐妹吗?
John : Do you have any siblings?
约翰:你有兄弟姐妹吗
Sam : Yes. I have a younger brother. What about you?
萨姆: 有,我有一个弟弟,你呢
John : I have quite a big family with 2 brothers and 2 sisters!
约翰:我有一个大家庭,两个兄弟两个姐妹
Sam : Wow, a big family… I’d have liked a sister too.
萨姆:哇,大家庭,我也想要一个妹妹
John: Yes, my sisters are very nice. They’re kind and smart. I feel lucky to be their brother.
约翰:恩,我的姐妹们都很好。她们既善良又聪明。和她们做兄妹我感到很高兴
Sam: What a nice thing to say!
萨姆:你真幸福
My Grandparents.
我的外祖父母
Sam : So you were gone visiting your grandpa last weekend?
萨姆:上周你去看你外祖父母了吗
Joanna : Yup! My grandfather must be in his late 80’s and he’s very active.
乔安娜:是的,我外祖父80多了,还很健康
Sam : Wow! That’s great! What about your grandma?
萨姆:哇,太棒了。你外祖母怎么样呢
Joanna : She’s a very sprightly old woman too. In fact my grandparents from my mother’s side are pretty healthy and active themselves.
乔安娜:她也很健康。我的外祖父母都很健康,很有精力
Sam : That’s really good to hear. Your folks know how to take care of themselves.
萨姆:真好,你的家人都很会照顾自己
Joanna : Yeah, our family eats right and exercises. That’s why we’re healthy.
乔安娜:是的,我们家人都吃的健康并且还锻炼,这是我们健康的原因
Proud of Your Family Member.
以家庭成员自豪
Joanna : Where’s your younger brother these days?
乔安娜: 你弟弟这几天在哪呢
Sam : Well, John got admitted to the medical college in NY. He’s going to be a doctor.
萨姆:哦,他在纽约的大学里学医。他想成为一个医生
Joanna : Really? You must be so proud of him.
乔安娜:是吗?你肯定为他感到自豪
Sam : Yeah, I am. My old man was a carpenter, and I got into the same profession, but little Johnny’s always studied hard. He’s going to bring credit to the family name.
萨姆:恩,是的,我爸爸是个木匠,我也是,但是小约翰就一直学习努力。他能为家族争的荣誉
Joanna : So happy for you Sam!
乔安娜:真为你感到高兴
She Ain’t My Cousin!
她是我的侄女
Joanna : Hey John, I met Samantha at the party last night. Is she your sister?
乔安娜:嗨,约翰。我昨晚在晚会上看见撒玛莎了,她是你的妹妹吗
John : Samantha? No, she ain’t my sister. She’s Frank’s daughter. Frank is my brother. Samantha is my niece.
约翰:撒玛莎?她不是我的妹妹。她是弗兰克的女儿。弗兰克是我哥哥,她是我的侄女
Joanna : Your niece? But she’s not very young!
乔安娜:你的侄女?但是她看起来没那么年轻啊
John : Yeah! My dad married my mom when he was in his 40s. Frank was already 18 then. He’s my step brother actually.
约翰:恩,我爸爸在40多岁的时候娶的妈妈。弗兰克那会才18岁。他是我的继兄
Joanna : Wow! Families are weird, aren’t they? A woman older than you is your niece.
乔安娜:哇,家庭都很纷繁复杂,不是吗。一个比你岁数大的女人竟然是你的侄女
John : That’s how families are Joanna.
约翰:乔安那,这就是家庭