你最喜欢的运动
Richard : What's your favorite sport?
理查德:你最喜欢的运动是什么
Roy : I like playing basketball and swimming.
罗伊:我喜欢棒球和游泳
Richard : How good are you at basketball?
理查德:棒球打的怎么样
Roy : I’m not that bad, and I can swim pretty well too. What about you?
罗伊:还行,我游泳不错。你呢
Richard : I enjoy swimming, but I prefer playing golf. I’m pretty good at it.
理查德:我喜欢游泳,但是我更喜欢高尔夫。我很熟练
Roy : Really? What’s your handicap?
罗伊:是吗,那你的不利条件是什么呢
Richard : It’s 4 on our local golf course.
理查德:我们当地高尔夫课程中排名第四
Roy : I am impressed.
罗伊:我深深折服了
Are You a Football Fan?
你是足球迷吗
Carrie : Are you a football fan?
凯利:你是足球迷吗
Hagrid : Yes, I go to the stadium whenever there’s a good game, and if I can't buy a ticket, I watch the game on TV.
海格:是的,一有好的比赛我就去体育场了,如果我没法现场观看,我就在电视上看
Carrie : Is the ticket expensive? How much for one?
凯利:票价贵吗?一张票多少钱
Hagrid : I paid about $25 last time.
海格:上次买的25美元
Carrie : Okay. That’s not very expensive.
凯利:好的,不是很贵
Hagrid : Yeah. We can go together sometime. It’ll be fun!
海格:是的,我们可以一起去,那将会很有趣
Carrie : Sure. Let me know when.
凯利:好的,下次去的时候告诉我
Norman : I think Americans are crazy!
诺曼:我觉得美国人都很疯狂
Victor : What? Why do you think so?
维克托:什么,为什么你会这样觉得呢
Norman : Well, they play football and they call it soccer.
诺曼:他们玩的是football却叫它soccer
Victor : You guys play football and call it rugby!
维克托:你们玩的football 还叫 rugby
Norman : Well, your football is rugby, and your soccer is football.
诺曼:好吧,你们的足球是rugby,你们的soccer是football
Victor : Norman, it’s America. We don’t follow the British rules.
维克托:诺曼,这里是美国。我们不遵循英国的游戏规则
Norman : And I don’t understand baseball at all. Why is the bat like a stick? Have you ever seen a cricket bat?
诺曼:我根本一点也不懂棒球。为什么棒球拍就像一个棍子?你见过曲棍球拍吗
Victor : A cricket bat? That’s the silliest thing I’ve ever heard.
维克托:曲棍球拍?那是我听过的最愚蠢的东西
Norman : Why?
诺曼:为什么呢
Victor : A cricket can’t bat, it’s an insect!
维克托:蟋蟀不能打,它是昆虫
Norman : Oh Victor! (facepalm) You don’t know anything about sports in the rest of the world.
诺曼:喔。。(捂脸)你根本不知道别的国家的运动
The Series.
系列
Victor : Yo Sammy! Do you know we’re playing the qualifiers tomorrow?
维克托:哈喽,萨米,我们明天就要打预选赛了
Sammy : Really? I thought it was day after!
萨米:是吗,我以为是后天呢
Victor : No man, it’s tomorrow, and if we win it, we’re gonna compete in the statewide!
维克托:不是的,是明天,如果我们赢得比赛,我们就可以在全省参加比赛了
Sammy : That’s cool man! You’re on the team, aren’t you?
萨米:太爽了。你在队伍中,是吗
Victor : Yeah. I am the quarterback.
维克托,恩,我是四分卫
Sammy : Good luck homie! I hope you guys win the game.
萨米:明天好运,祝你们赢得比赛
Victor : Thanks man! Say what? You gonna be there watching us?
维克托,谢谢你,你刚说什么,你打算只是观看我们比赛吗
Sammy : Uh… I dunno man. What time is the game?
萨米:我不知道,比赛什么时候开始
Victor : 4.30
维克托:四点半
Sammy : Okay bro! I’ll be there. See ya!
萨米:好的,兄弟,到时候我会在的。明天见!