辛迪:嗨喽,洛铂
Rob: Hey Cindy. How are you?
洛铂:嗨,最近怎么样
Cindy: I’m fine, thank you. What’s up with you lately?
辛迪:还好,谢谢,你最近忙啥呢
Rob: Nothing. I like this girl in my office but I just don’t have the guts to ask her name.Cindy: Oh silly. It’s easy, just say “What’s your name?”
洛铂:没什么。我喜欢我办公室里的一个女孩,但是我不敢问她的名字,辛迪:好傻,这简单啊,就直接问“你的名字是什么呢”
Rob: I think that’s a bit too direct. I don’t want to scare her.
洛铂:我觉得这太直接了。我不想吓到她
Cindy: Well, waiting for someone to introduce you to each other would be a bit formal.
辛迪:那,等别人向你介绍或许正式点。
Rob: Yeah, that’s right.
洛铂:恩是。
Cindy: Why don’t you just say hi and then introduce yourself? That way she’ll know your name and she’ll probably tell you her name, too.
辛迪:为什么不直接说 哈喽,然后介绍自己呢。那样的话她就知道你的名字了,她还有可能说出她的名字。
Rob: That’s a good idea! Thanks Cindy.
洛铂:好主意!谢谢你辛迪
Cindy: You’re welcome.
辛迪:不客气
Indirectly Asking.
间接询问
Harry: Hi, there.
哈利:嗨,在呢
Rosa: Hey.
罗莎:嗨
Harry: I am Harry Daniels, and you are ...?
哈利:我是哈利1丹尼尔,你呢
Rosa: Oh. I am Rosa Sprinkles.
罗莎:我是罗莎·斯宾克
Harry: You work in the Marketing department, right?
哈利:你在市场部工作是吧
Rosa: Yes. And I guess you are in the Human Resources department...
罗莎:恩。我猜你是在人力资源部
Harry: Yeah. How did you know?
哈利:恩,你怎么知道的
Rosa: I see you every day. I knew who you were but never knew your name.
罗莎:我每天都看见你。我知道你在哪工作但是不知道你的名字
Harry: Oh..okay...So now you know it and I also know yours.
哈利:噢。。那现在你知道我的名字我也知道你的了
Rosa: Yeah, and I hope I’ll see you around
罗莎:恩,以后再见
I Forgot Your Name!
我忘了你的名字
Kiara: Hi Rachel. How are you?
齐腊亚:蕾切尔,最近好吗
Rachel: I’m fine, but I’m sorry, I’ve forgotten your name.
蕾切尔:还好,抱歉,我忘了你的名字
Kiara: I’m Kiara, remember? From the salon?
齐腊亚:我是齐腊亚,来自萨隆
Rachel: Oh yes, Kiara! Hi, how are you?
蕾切尔:恩,是的,齐腊亚。你最近好吗
Kiara: I’m great. I thought you would remember me.
齐腊亚:挺好的,我就猜你能记起我
Rachel: I did remember you but I just didn’t remember your name. I’m really bad at remembering people’s names.
蕾切尔:我确实是记得呢。但是我不记得你的名字了。我记别人的名字记性不太好
Kiara: It’s okay. No problem. Maybe you won’t forget it now.
齐腊亚:没关系。可能从现在开始你就不会忘了
Rachel: I hope not!
蕾切尔:我希望如此
Meeting Acquaintances.
遇见熟人
Rachel: Hey, Finn. How are you?
蕾切尔:嗨,费恩。你好吗
Finn: Hey there. I’m good. You’re Brody’s sister, right?
费恩:还好的,你是布罗迪的姐姐,是吧
Rachel: Yeah. I am.
蕾切尔:恩,是的
Finn: I’m really sorry. I never got to ask Brody your name.
费恩:很抱歉。我一直没问布罗迪你的名字
Rachel: Oh. My name is Rachel. It’s Ok since this is the first time we meet.
蕾切尔:我的名字是蕾切尔。我们第一次见面后还好
Finn: Yeah. I just saw you at school once when Brody told me you were his sister but he never mentioned your name.
费恩:恩。我在学校里见过你,布罗迪告诉我你是他的姐姐,但是他一直没说你的名字
Rachel: No problem, Finn. It was nice meeting you.
蕾切尔:没关系的,费恩。遇见你很高兴。
Finn: Same here. See you around.
费恩:我也是。再见
Rachel: See ya!
蕾切尔:再见