太多的犯罪
Emma: I don't know what’s happening to the world!
艾玛:我知道这个世界是怎么了
Lauren: What happened? Why do you look so upset?
劳伦:发生什么了?你看起来这么沮丧
Emma: Crimes are increasing every day! What’s wrong with people?
艾玛:犯罪率天天上升,人们这是怎么了
Lauren: So many people live in adverse circumstances. Some people are not left with much choice.
劳伦:许多人生活在不力的环境中,一些人是被逼的
Emma: Is that it?
艾玛:是吗?
Lauren: Also, sometimes lack of good parenting leads to crimes.
劳伦:缺乏良好的教育也会引起犯罪
Emma: I guess people are just not ready to accept what they have, and the greed to have more leads them to illegal activities, even murder.
艾玛:我觉得人们还没准备好要接受他们的所有,贪婪会使人们走向不法活动,甚至杀人
Lauren: You know what I think? Our society should take a stand against every crime. Then things would improve!
劳伦:你知道我的想法吗:我们的社会应该反对犯罪。这样一切都会好起来的
Double Check Everything.
严格检查每一项
Rosy: Wait! I have to go back upstairs.
罗斯:等一下,我得再上楼一趟
Brian: Why? We’re already behind schedule.
布莱恩:为什么,我们已经晚了
Rosy: I have to check the terrace gate.
罗斯:我得看看阁楼的门
Brian: What’s the matter?
布莱恩:重要吗?
Rosy: Maybe I forgot to lock it.
罗斯:或许我忘了上锁了
Brian: No, you didn’t. I locked it myself before coming down.
布莱恩:没有忘。出门的时候我锁上了
Rosy: Are you sure?
罗斯:你确定吗
Brian: Yes. I am sure.
布莱恩:我确定
Rosy: I just want to make sure the kids are safe when we aren’t around.
罗斯:我只是想看看我们不在的时候孩子们是否安全
Brian: Don’t worry. I’ve checked everything. You’re just being over concerned.
布莱恩:别担心。我检查过所有的东西了。你只是太过担心了
The Fire Alarm.
火警
Brian: Is this fire alarm system enough to protect the school premises from fire?
布莱恩:这所学校里的消防装置够不够使学校免受火灾
Emma: Yes, it is. These fire alarms have been installed in every wing of the school. As soon as they ring, the water sprinklers will start automatically.
艾玛:可以的。学校的每个角落都装有消防设备,一旦拉响警铃消防水管会立刻自动工作
Brian: Are there any safe exit points for students?
布莱恩:有对学生进行任何关于安全出口的教育吗
Emma: Yes. They’ll be directed to move to the north parking lot.
艾玛:有。他们会被直接带到北边的停车场
Brian: Alright. Are the students being trained to know what to do when the alarm goes off?Emma: Absolutely! Every semester we conduct fire drills so the students know what to do in case of a fire.
布莱恩:好的,有没有对学生进行消防演习?艾玛:当然训练过。我们每一个学期都会引导消防装置,在发生火灾时学生知道该怎么做
Brian: That’s good!
布莱恩:那就好
Crime Reduction
减少犯罪
Rosy: What are you watching?
罗斯:你在看什么呢
Lauren: Our mayor’s statement on the crime rate in our state.
劳伦:关于本市的犯罪率的市长宣言
Rosy: What does he have to say about it?
罗斯:他都说些什么了
Lauren: He says the crime rate has substantially reduced in the last couple of years.
劳伦:他说最近几年犯罪率明显减少
Rosy: Really? Two crimes in one night two blocks away, and he says the crime rate is improving?
罗斯:真的吗?有一天晚上在两条街之外有两起犯罪案件,他还说犯罪率减少?
Lauren: Maybe he’s talking about his own neighborhood.
劳伦:或许他只说他的邻居吧