When I was an elementary school student,...
当我还是个小学生的时候...
Story Narrator
...my parents used to take me and my sister to a fast food restaurant.
…我的父母带我和我姐姐去吃快餐。
Story Narrator
At that time, if I remember correctly, fast food was still fairly new in Korea.
如果我没记错的话,在那个时候的韩国,快餐还是一样非常新潮的事物。
Story Narrator
The hamburger that I had for the first time in my life tasted really good.
我人生中第一次吃汉堡包的时候,觉得非常好吃。
Story Narrator
It was different from anything that I had eaten before.
这跟我以前吃过的东西不一样。
Story Narrator
But I never knew how bad the food was for my health, either.
但是我并不知道快餐这么不利于健康。
Story Narrator
Today, fast food is very popular among young children.
如今,快餐很受小孩子的欢迎。
Story Narrator
Kids eating hamburgers, fried chicken or pizza with their parents...
小孩子和他们的父母一起吃汉堡包,炸鸡或者是披萨的时候…
...remind me of when I was their age.
...我就会想起,当我像他们那么大的时候,我也是这样的。
Story Narrator
The difference is, though, that I didn't get to have fast food as often as today's children do.
不同的是,我没有像现在的孩子那样经常吃快餐。
Story Narrator
When I was growing up, having burgers and fries was like a special treat.
在我成长的过程中,我觉得吃汉堡包和薯条就像一种特殊的奖励。
Story Narrator
Sometimes, I wonder if that would still be the case with the kids these days.
有时候,我在想是不是现在的孩子也是这么认为的。
Story Narrator
I'm sure, to them, fast food is nothing different from rice and soup,...
我敢肯定,对他们来说,快餐跟米饭和汤没有什么区别...
Story Narrator
...in the sense that they eat fast food so often.
…这种意义上,他们经常吃快餐。
Story Narrator
Many people express their concerns that kids in Korea are becoming obese.
现在很多人都关心韩国的孩子越来越胖。
Story Narrator
No wonder!
这并不奇怪!
Story Narrator
The parents need to watch more closely what their children are eating.
父母需要更多的关注孩子们的饮食。
Story Narrator
It is true that taking them to a fast food restaurant is easier than cooking a meal,...
的确,带他们去快餐店比做饭更容易…
Story Narrator
...but they should know that they are putting their children's health in danger, too.
...但他们也应该知道这样会影响孩子的健康发展。